Tuesday 15 December 2015

WIAW #83 A Typical Day of Eating!

Hididily-doodly everyone! I seem to be in quite the chipper mood this morning. Could it be the fact that Christmas is next week? Or the glorious sun-shiny days in store for the week ahead? Or the amount of added free time I have in front of me that hasn't been all that present in the past year? Whatever it is- I am one happy Steph and what's making me even happier today?\

WIAW!!

What I Ate Wednesday is a judge free link up created by the awesome Peas and Crayons where bloggers and blog readers can come together and drool over everyone's delicious eats from an entire day!

This particular day is actually Monday- a day filled with yummy eats, relaxing holiday-ness and stress-free living!

Breakfast: 7:15am
Breakfast has started becoming a little earlier than most holidays as I've been waking earlier (thanks overly-enthusiastic sun at 5:00am- just kidding- I love the sun!!) and doing some quicker, higher intensity Blogilates workouts.
 And this deliciously enormous, creamy and extremely thick green smoothie did the trick and quietened my grumbling belly!
 Into the Vitamix went 1 chopped frozen banana (super ripe and sweet :), 1 handful frozen zucchini, 1/2 chopped frozen avocado, 3 big scoops greek yoghurt, 1/2 cup rolled oats soaked in 3/4 cup almond milk for 15 mins with a sprinkle of chia seeds, 1 scoop vanilla protein powder, dash of cinnamon, handful of spinach and a handful of kale.
 Whazzed up until smooth and oh so mouthwatering. Note the spoon on the side. That's how thick I like my smoothies!
 And if you think smoothies don't keep you satiated and full for very long- give this one a try, even add in a scoop of nut butter for good measure! seriously I was full for hours!!


Lunch: 12:15pm
Come lunch time I was definitely ready for some grub and was really feeling the toasted sandwich vibe.
 As you all know my toasted sandwiches are never boring old two ingredient, throw-together, tasteless tragedies. Oh no, when I make a toasted sandwich, I make sure it is a good toasted sandwich! See here, here and here
 So in this guy was around 3/4 cup of white beans and lentils, drained, rinsed and heated up with some salsa before mashing up together, 2 slices of eggplant, capsicum, mushrooms all cooked in a pan until tender, some sliced pumpkin which was microwaved for 2 minutes and then placed in the pan to grill the outside, tomato slices, spinach, and hommus- all sandwiched between two slices of rye bread and toasted in a sandwich press until golden bornw and crip on the outside!

Snack: 3:30pm
I was really feeling the fruit when snack time was in order:
 So I chopped up some rockmelon, a pink lady apple and threw in some black grapes:
 Tasty, perfectly ripe, nature's candy!

Dinner: 6:45pm
Come dinner, I was ready for simple and delicious! So I forked a small white sweet potato, popped him in the oven for an hour at 180 degrees celsius- topping him off with some mixed nut butter I made that evening, steamed up some broccoli and brussels and poached two eggs:
 For the nut-butter all I did was literally find whatever raw nuts we had and popped them in the food processor to process on low (scraping down the sides every now and then) until combined, smooth and creamy.
 I think the mix was walnuts, almonds, cashews, pistachios and brazil nuts:
 After dinner, I was still a little peckish so I had two pieces of extra dark chocolate- so tasty and good!

And that is a typical day of my kinda eating!

Your turn:
Are you a smoothie lover? Favourite smoothie to whip up?
What would be the ultimate grilled sandwich for you? 
Favourite topping for a baked sweet potato? I think my all-time favourite will probably always be coconut butter- there's just something about that combo that just works. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts, questions, queries... leave a reply!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...