Saturday 26 December 2015

Glazed Cinnamon Roll Oats

Happy Sunday everyone!!

Who braved the Boxing Day sales yesterday? I must admit, after trying- and quite epic-ly failing- to manoeuver my way through the ridiculous crowds through the central areas and then the extremely smaller, one person wide walkway shops, I was more than ready to come home and just be all by myself for a little while!
 
 Any who, I'm all better now and back to my old self.. which means one thing:
 Back to loving on ALL the food!!

On this brilliant Sunday I thought I would share with you today's stellar breakfast, also referred to as a glazed cinnamon roll in oat form!
 This breakfast (/ lunch/ dinner/ snack of any time of the day because it tastes so gosh darn good!) is ridiculously simple and requires only a handful of good-for-your-body ingredients to have you singing and dancing throughout your entire day :)
 To make a bowl of your very own all you'll need is:

Ingredients:
3/4 cup rolled oats
1 banana, thinly sliced
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon (plus extra to dust on top)
1 scoop vanilla protein powder
1 cup almond milk
1/2 cup water
Optional- sprinkle chia seeds
Any topping you would like- to make the traditional cinnamon glazed roll, I would recommend using coconut butter

 Then, all you need to do is:

Method:
1. Place all the ingredients in a saucepan and stir to combine
2. Place the saucepan over medium heat, bring to the boil, stirring occasionally and continue to stir every now and then until all the liquid is absorbed and the oats are thick and fluffy :)
3. Place a little coconut butter in the bottom of your bowl, pour half the oats on top, a little more coconut butter, the rest of the oats and coconut butter to top!
4. Dust with a little extra cinnamon and enjoy!
 Sweet, creamy, cinnamon-y, delicious!! Filled with the filling fiber and wholegrain goodness of rolled oats, the healing benefits of cinnamon, all of banana's goodness and coconut butter- I mean come on!
A glazed cinnamon roll in a bowl. Healthy too. And ridiculously yummy. You know you have to give this one a try!

Your turn:
Favourite type of scroll/ roll? I must admit I am a fan of a good cheesymite scroll!
Cinnamon? Yay/ nay?
Favourite way to use cinnamon?

I hope you all have a wonderful Sunday, relax, enjoy a break (unless of course you're working.. like me! ;) and as always- EAT SOMETHING DELICIOUS!! Bye for now! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts, questions, queries... leave a reply!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...