Thursday 10 December 2015

Big, big breakfasts!

I am a food lover.

Now, I didn't mean to shock you with that surprising revelation but there it is. It's out there. For the entire world to see. I love food.

I've never been the type of girl to turn up her nose at a meal, or limit my intake of food in order to lose a few kilos etc.

I've always eaten to fill the belly and even though, yes, I will admit I did have a run in with orthorexia for a while, I still ate a vast amount of food (even though it was all in my 'safe' and 'healthy' category).

I guess, in particular, I love breakfast more than anything else.

See, breakfast is the time after you haven't eaten in multiple, multiple hours. Your body hasn't tasted the sweet nectar of a morsel of food all night and your taste buds are just starting to forget what the vibrant, zingy, zesty, fusgey, rich, spicy, refreshing, sweet etc. etc. foods taste like.

Breakfast is the time to rev up the machine that is your body, kick start that metabolism once again for the entire day and give your body the best possible boost to fly into all the challenges and opportunities the day has to offer!

Breakfast truly is brilliant isn't it?

Yes, well, try telling that to the girl I was on a shift with from 8:00am-2:00pm who hadn't eaten breakfast or even a single piece of food the entire time I was with her. And wasn't even hungry afterward...

I come across this way too often in my teen girl life and it really does sadden me. Not only are these girls (and probably guys too) restricting their bodies that give them so much back in return, but the havoc and damage they're playing to their bodies natural metabolism and daily functions is too important just to ignore.
But this is not a post about dieting and metabolism and restricitve eating practices.
Nope, this is a post about food.

Because as you know, we love food!

So, below I included some of my recent breakfasts. Not small insignificant bites of toast. Or a spoonful of cereal. Or a banana. (Seriously how do people get through their morning on that?!) Nope, below are my huge, hearty, nutritious and utterly delicious brekky's that keep me going from morning to noon:
 Lemon coconut truffles with a massive cup of cherry greek yoghurt:
 The frozen yoghurt concoction was an extremely simple mix of a biggg handful of frozen cherries, 3 big scoops of greek yoghurt- whazzed together in a food processor until smooth :).
 Super tasty, delicious, filled with fibre, wholegrains, protein and vitamins and minerals!

Even better when combined:

 And yes, there were some sneaky wholegrain and reduced sugar cheerios in the mix as well:
 Next up we have a stack of choc protein pancakes covered in smooth PB (I tell you, I go through phases where I generally always love crunchy and then once every so often, I decide smooth is where it's at!) with a bowl of mixed berry fro-yo:
 The pancake recipe was a simple mix of rolled oats, wholemeal spelt flour, chia seeds, baking powder, cinnamon, oat bran, raw cacao powder and choc protein powder with some almond milk mixed in until pouring cream consistency. The fro-yo was simply a handful of blueberries and a small handful of mixed berries with some greek yoghurt.
 Again filled with so many nutrients and yet tasting like a decadent dessert... you can't go wrong with this one!

 Lastly a tried and true brekky that can be whipped up in a flash and never fails to disappoint:

 2 wholemeal crumpets topped with peanut butter with a massive green smoothie to wash it down!

 Into the Vitamix went 1 chopped frozen banana, 5 chunks of frozen pineapple, a small handful of frozen zucchini, handful of kale, handful of spinach, 3 big scoops greek yoghurt and some water:

 Et voila! Extremely delicious and trust me on this- you cannot taste all those extra veg. Bonus!!

 Why would anyone ever choose to skip brekky when it comes with so many benefits? One of the main one's being deliciousness!!

I guess it's a question that will continue to cross my mind for many more years to come but I just hope this post might in fact persuade even one person to change their mindset about the way they choose to begin each and every awesome day!

Your turn:
Are you/ have you ever been a breakfast skipper?
If you're a big brekky fan, what is the ultimate breakfast to you?
Favourite topping for pancakes? I think after topping mine with nut butter for so long, I can never go back to anything else!!

That's it from me today friendly friends. I hope you all have a great Friday!! Do something you love that you might not have done in a while and as always... EAT SOMETHING DELICIOUS!! Bye for now! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts, questions, queries... leave a reply!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...