Friday 25 December 2015

After the Christmas Indulgence Recipe!

Hello, hello friendly friends!!
How was your christmas?! Was it fabulous, filled with fabulous friends, family, loved ones and... food??
Mine sure was!

Like all those weightloss magazines and websites, I'm here today with a recipe to make after indulging in all of your favourite foods at christmas... although my reasons are a little different. See, if you're anything like me, you may have a little bit of a sensitive stomach to certain foods and don't feel 10/10 after consuming such foods.
I was in charge of baking a delicious dessert for Christmas so I whipped up a lemon meringue pie :)

My list includes wheat, lots of dairy and a stack of sugar.

My Christmas lunch included quite a bit of bread, cheese and some sweet stuff. So you can imagine that when dinner time rolled around, I wasn't all that keen to indulge again. Instead I went with something a little easier on the tummy.

Unlike those weightless articles about cutting calories around Christmas and eating nothing but lettuce for all your other meals surrounding either Chrissy brekky, or lunch, or dinner, my recipe is filling, nutritious and delicious, it's just a little easier on the stomach for digestion! Because you know that I was still starving when dinner time rolls round (no matter what day it is).

This is my Everything-but-the-kitchen-sink Moroccan Spiced Veggie Quinoa Soup!

Ingredients:
1/3 cup quinoa
1/3 cup dried lentils/ other dried beans as well (I think I had some cannellini beans in there as well?)
1/2 cup chopped cauliflower
1/2 cup chopped eggplant
handful sweet corn
strip of red capsicum, chopped
strip green capsicum chopped
1/4 red chilli, finely diced
1/4 tinned no-added-salt tomatoes
a few big dashes of harrisa powder
1 teaspoon nutritional yeast
1/2 teaspoon dried, mixed herbs
2 cups water (more if needed)

Method:
1. Place all the chopped veggies, dried quinoa, lentils and beans and herbs and spices into a medium saucepan and add the water. Stir.
2. Place over medium heat, bring to the boil and then lower heat to simmer for 15 minutes.
3. After 15 minutes remove lid, add extra water if needed and simmer for a further 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Leave to cool slightly and then transfer to a bowl and enjoy!!

Filling, tasty, perfect!

When breakfast the next morning rolled round, I was back to my usually dessert-for-breakfast loves:
Crunchy PB mixed with raw cacao powder...
Spread on wholemeal spelt bread, topped with banana, more chocolate-y spread bread and toasted in a sandwich press!! YUM!

Chocolate banana and PB toasted sandwich with a side of blueberry fro-yo (frozen blueberries plus 3 big scoops of greek yoghurt whizzed up until smooth!)


Happy, happy days :)
Nothing beats warm, gooey chocolate for breakfast!

That's some of the yummies I've been eating this holiday season (ooh, forgot to mention my delicious sushi and seaweed salad during our lunch break at the crazy Boxing Day sales!!) now I'm interested as to what all you guys have been nom-ing on! Let me know in the comments!! Until next time- EAT SOMETHING DELICIOUS! Bye for now!! :D




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts, questions, queries... leave a reply!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...