Friday 23 October 2015

High protein Choc Peanut Cheesecake!!

Hey friends! And happy weekend!!

Do you know what makes weekends even happier?

Starting them off with a super tasty, utterly delicious and 100% divine breakfast- that's what!

Now, you may or may not have gathered, judging from previous recipes of mine, that I'm a bit of a cheesecake fan.  (here, here, here) No, I lie, actually. I'm a bit of a cheese fan. We won't go into the details of how much of a fan I was (picture bowls of grated cheese... and a happy Steph).

But you barely ever eat cheese now?- You say. And yes, you would be right, I don't eat much cheese as it doesn't always make my body sing with delight. Although, I definitely do not let myself go without the awesome-ness that is cheese-y flavour.

Exhibit A- My vegan cheese recipe.

So yes, cheesecake. I'm a fan. So I made the ultimate breakfast...

High Protein Choc Peanut Cheesecake! In a jar :)

Filled with all natural ingredients, choc full of protein (and chocolate for that matter!) and healthy enough for breakfast! Get ready for a treat!!

Ingredients:
1 large chopped, frozen banana
1/2 large chopped, frozen avocado
1/2 cup greek yoghurt (optional but definitely recommend for cheesecake flavour- alternatively sub in 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast and 1- 2 tablespoons of almond milk)
1 heaped tablespoon choc protein powder
1 heaped teaspoon raw cacao powder
3/2 cup rolled oats
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 heaped tablespoon peanut butter/ nut butter of choice
2 tablespoons almond milk

Method:
1. Place the frozen banana, avocado, greek yoghurt, protein powder and raw cacao powder in a food processor/ blender and blend until smooth (may need to scrape down sides occasionally)

2. Transfer mix to a shallow bowl and place in the freezer
3. Meanwhile place the peanut butter/ nut butter in a small bowl with the almond milk and microwave for 20 seconds to warm slightly
4. Place the oats and cinnamon in a bowl and stir to combine
5. Stir in the peanut butter until a cookie-dough like mixture forms (if it's too dry add slightly more almond milk)
6. Start layering up your cheesecake!
7. Place around a quater of the oat mix in the bottom:
8. Top with 'choc cheesecake'
9. And repeat until you reach the top! (Bonus if you have some leftover and can 'taste-test' now!!
10. Place jar in freezer for 20-30 minutes and then enjoy!
The smooth, creaminess of the 'cheesecake' mix paired with the fudgy peanutt-y 'base'- ugh, guys, there are no words!
Did I mention I ate this for breakfast? ;)
Seriously, if you're one of those people who think healthy food can't taste good- give this recipe a try- I bet it'll change your mind!
The longer you leave the jar in the freezer the more solid it will get- as you can see I was a little impatient, but no matter how long you leave it in for- it'll still taste amazing :D

Hooray for cheesecake (what a weird creation it is!)
And hooray for starting the day the right way- with dessert :)



Your turn:
Are you a cheese/cheesecake fan?
Favourite type of cheesecake?
If you could only choose between eating the base, or eating the actual cheesecake, what would you choose? I really like the base guys, so I migh actually pick that!! Always loved the crust of desserts :)

I hope you all have a fabulous rest of your weekend, hopefully you do something super fun- and at the very least eat something super delicious! Bye for now friendly friends!! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts, questions, queries... leave a reply!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...