Sunday 13 September 2015

Orange Cream Oats!

So, remember how I've been sick? Of course you remember, I couldn't stop winging about it!

Well, as un-fun a time that it was, there was something excellent that resulted from the whole ordeal. Something my ordinary self probably wouldn't have tried. Something that was prompted through my mission to eat all the vitamin C (and other cold remedy foods)
 Filled with orange. Creamy, sweet and tangy. Utterly drool-worthy. Healthy enough for breakfast!

 You're welcome.

That, my friends is a bowl of the most delicious, creamy, lip-smacking, belly loving oats ever to cross my lips. And it was oh-so-easy too!

Ingredients:
1/2-3/4 cup rolled oats
1 teaspoon chia seeds
1 banana, thinly sliced
1/2 zest orange
2 teaspoons fresh orange juice
1 cup almond milk 
2 tablespoons greek yoghurt (optional)

Method:
Place everything into a saucepan, stir to combine and then stir over medium heat until bubbling. Continue to stir until liquid is absorbed and oats are cooked.
Cool slightly and then stir in some greek yoghurt (optional), transfer to a bowl and top with anything you like (almond butter is divine!!)
 And you know that I had some almond butter on the bottom of my bowl, in the middle of my oats and on top for equal distribution and deliciousness factor.
 There are seriously no words to describe how awesome this bowl of oats tastes, so do yourself a favour and whip up one for yourself, then send me all your love after you swallow that very first blissful bite!
 I mentioned here how I had a new favourite bowl of oats, but I think this one even takes my new lemon blueberry oats for a run for their money!
Maybe I am just developing a new obsession with adding citrus to my oats? Who knows, but it is mighty good!
 The addition of greek yoghurt simply adds to that creamy vibe of the oats, adding a subtle cheese-cakey flavour too, so I would recommend adding it (even dairy free yoghurt if you're vegan).

 Now, excuse me as I wipe my eyes from the happy tears rolling down my cheeks at the site of this goddess.
Nom.

Your turn:
Have you ever/ Are you a fan of adding citrus flavours to your oats?
Ever tried orange oats?
Ever add greek yoghurt for a cheese-cakey flavour? A favourite of mine- particularly chocolate cheesecake oats!

That's it from me today folks, I hope you all have a great day, smile lots (you'll automatically feel better!) and do something you love! Bye for now friends!! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts, questions, queries... leave a reply!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...