Monday 7 September 2015

My new favourite bowl of oats?

If you've been reading Steph2 chef for a while now, you may remember this post, where I profess my love of vanilla steel cut oats with nut butter, claiming it to be my favourite bowl of oats. Ever.

And, I mean, that's a pretty big claim. Those oats must taste pretty dang good! (and they do, btw.)

Then one morning I made some other oats...
Into a saucepan went 1 sliced banana + 1/2-3/4 cup rolled oats+ handful frozen blueberries + chia seeds + 1/2 teaspoon lemon rind + 1 teaspoon lemon juice + 1 cup almond milk + 1/4 cup water.
I let that sit over medium heat for a few minutes, stirring regularly until all the liquid was absorbed (around 7-10 minutes)
After that, I let it sit for a few minutes, stirred again and then stirred in 2 tablespoons greek yoghurt (optional) and poured it into my bowl (stopping halfway to put some coconut butter in the middle and then topping off with the rest of oats and a bit more coconut butter :)
What you see before you, my friends, is exquisitiveness in a bowl!! (yep, new word).
The combination of the creaminess from the oats and banana, the pops of sweetness from the blueberries, the tang of the lemon and then the fudgy goodness of the coconut butter is almost too good to be true.

Almost.
I think if I were to pick the secret ingredient that truly makes this dish, it would be this guy:
Nope not the oats. That little lemon hiding behind the oats!!
Lemon + coconut + blueberry oats. My new perfect bowl of oats!!

Your turn:
What is your perfect bowl of oats?
Are you a fan of using lemon rind in baking (love, love, love it!)
Favourite topping for oats? (Mine depends on how I'm feeling, but more often then not it's nut butter and then coconut butter :)

That's it from me today friendly friends, let me know if you try out these oats if you love them as much as me and have a wonderful day! Bye!! :D

2 comments:

  1. So much respect.

    Why? Woolworths home brand rolled oats are the BEST rolled oats. I think I tried out every single brand too :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Arman,
      Right!?! People are missing out spending the big bucks on other brands! ;)
      Glad you agree!
      Steph 2 chefxx

      Delete

Thoughts, questions, queries... leave a reply!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...