Sunday 21 June 2015

The craziest sandiwiches. Ever.

Ever since my diet took a turn for the greater good (ie. not consisting primarily on baked beans, cheeses and pasta) I've become a lot more... creative with my flavour combos and meal ideas.

Like my salad... topped with a berry sauce?

Still trying to figure that one out ;)

I think the most creative I've been with any meal is my sandwiches.
I've made sandwiches with mashed lentils and salad, banana + peanut butter + blueberries, avocado + baked beans + vegan cheese, mashed peas + roasted veg + spinach... the list goes on.

One of my favourite appliances in creating awesome-ly weird sandwiches is my jaffle iron (a very Australian thing if you've never heard of it before) where I put whatever sounds good between two slices of bread, press down and clip in place to seal of the edges (and seal in the good stuff!) and leave for a good few minutes until the outside is crispy and the inside is a pocket of warm goodness!
This, my friends, is a delicious rye bread jaffle encasing hommus, baked beans and avocado (try this combo now!!).

However it all depends on the mood I'm in, as to whether my creative sandwich ways are going to be cooked in a jaffle iron, grilled in a sandwich press, squished together with my hands on fresh bread, or even purposefully using the end crusty bit on the bread as the top of my sandwich because it lends itself to a whole new experience!
Case in point; this home-made spelt bread (crusty top) spread with hommus and topped with torn-up veggie sausages and Mexican salsa, because why not?
Served with some steamed broccoli and brussels sprouts along with a baked sweet potato with almond butter (yum!)
My strange sandwich antics got me a-thinking that I'm most likely not the only one who goes a bit nuts when it comes to placing food inside a deliciously soft and fluffy casing of carb-y goodness, right?

Right!

So upon some research I came across some of the weirdest (not saying it's good or bad!) sandwich creations out there! Ready?

1. The Lasandwich:
2. The Cheeseburger poptart:
3. Grilled macaroni and cheese sandwich:
4. Peanut butter and Doritos sandwich:
5. Banana, Nutella and salt and vinegar chips:


6. Peanut butter, potato chip and pickle sandwich:
7. Honey and cheese:
8. And I believe coming in on top would be this sandwich:
The Krispy Kreme jelly donut chicken sandwich!

Like, seriously?

This makes me feel like my sandwich creations aren't too weird/unusual after all (and trust me, if you are bored and wish to be amused, Googling weird sandwich fillings is quite entertaining... especially when numerous people agree on said weird filling!)

Not sure how many of these I would actually try myself (the chips and PB is enticing me though ;) but maybe you're a little braver than I am and feel a little reckless today. What do you say? A nice honey and cheese sanga for lunch? ;)

Your turn:
What is the strangest sandwich you have ever created? Regardless of how good (or awful) it turned out.

What is the strangest sandwich you actually think tastes amazing?
Would you ever eat a chicken and jam donut sandwich? I guess if it's from Krispy Kreme it's bound to be good?

Well that's it from me today folks, I hope you found this as amusing as I did and are now struck with a creative bug regarding what to fill your next sandwich with (the possibilities are really endless!) Have an absolutely fabulous day! Bye!! :D







1 comment:

Thoughts, questions, queries... leave a reply!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...