Monday 15 June 2015

The Cashew Butter Cookie

I think Cashew butter is so underrated.

No body really thinks of cashew butter when it comes to nut butters. It's always peanut butter or almond butter or heck, even sunflower seed butter! And yet cashew butter just so happens to be one of my absolute favourite nut butters!!
 It's flavour is a lot milder than peanuts and almonds however it has it's own distinct taste and texture and it rocks my socks! It's pretty much fudge...in nut form :)

So where am I going with this? Well a few mornings ago I wanted something warm, something fudge-y and something decadent for breakfast. Now I do have a vast array of dessert-like breakfasts on my recipe page but I was in the mood for creating!

I was also in the mood for cashew butter :)

Lightbulb!

Cashew butter cookies! I could already imagine the soft fudge-y cookies warm from the oven and there was no turning back now!

Ingredients:
1/2 heaped cup rolled oats
2 large tablespoons oat bran
1 teaspoon chia seeds
a dash of cinnamon
optional cookie additions- ie. choc chips, dried fruit, nuts, seeds etc. I chose some pepitas
1 1/2 heaped tablespoons cashew butter
1/4 cup milk of choice (I used vanilla almond milk)
1/4 mashed banana

Method:
1. Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees celsius and line a tray with baking paper
2. Place the oats, oat bran, chia seeds, cinnamon and add-ins into a bowl and stir to combine
3. Place the cashew butter in a small bowl with the milk and heat in the microwave for 30 seconds (watch to make sure it doesn't over-flow)
4. Stir slightly and add to oat mixture along with banana, stir to combine
5. Scoop out cookie size balls and place onto baking tray flattening slightly
6. Bake for around 15 mins or until slightly golden and hard on top. (You'll probably be able to smell them too... soo good!)
7. Enjoy!!
 I enjoyed mine with a black berry fro-yo, (1 handful blackberries, the remaining 3/4 banana and 3 big scoops greek yoghurt, all whazzed up together until smooth) delicious!

 I can't even tell you how soft and delicious these cookies are, I'm much more of a warm gooey cookie than a hard crisp one, so if you're anything like me you'll love these!

 The cashew butter definitely comes through and the taste and smell is utterly amazing.
Inside view:
 Oh yes :)
Paired with some refreshing and tangy fro-yo, this was one mighty fine breakfast!
 I have a feeling I'll be converting back into my cookie obsession days!! (Not really too worried :)
Your Turn:
Do you like/ have you ever tried cashew butter?
What's your favourite nut butter?
Favourite cookie add-ins?

I hope you all have a fabulous rest of your day, smile, eat something delicious and do something you love! Bye for now friends!! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts, questions, queries... leave a reply!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...