Saturday 21 February 2015

Sunday Morning Pancakes Calling

What time is it? Summer time Pancake Sunday!
How great are Sundays? Maybe I'm just saying this now after a week full of hectic, but seriously, whoever invented Sunday was awesome. They knew people needed a day to just... rest. They knew that in the year 2015 in the 3rd week of Feb, an Aussie teenage girl would plead for a day of nothing with such urgency and so created Sunday.

Then there was the person who invented pancake Sunday. Equally as awesome and nameless and equally appreciated by this Aussie teenage girl.

So after a slow and lazy morning in bed (6:00am- 6:30am reading blogs) and then a nice, not-rushed Purely Twins leg and ab workout (6:30am-7:00am) I plodded into the kitchen and set about slowly and relaxedly( new word :) making some pancakes.
Cinnamon banana pancakes :)
I also got to try out my latest supermarket purchase! Woohoo!
 I've read a lot of blog posts about Maca powder and have wanted to try it for a long time- finally not ridiculously expensive!!
I've written quite a few recipes for different pancakes, so if you're craving a different combo you'll probably find it here. For these guys I simply placed 1/3 cup wholemeal spelt flour, 1 heaped tablespoon of golden flax flakes (feel free to sub in any crushed flaky cereal), 1 tablespoon rolled oats, 1/2 teaspoon baking powder, 1 heaped teaspoon Maca powder and a few dashes of cinnamon in a bowl and stirred to combine.
 Then add in 1/2 medium banana (mashed) and about 1/3 cup milk (I used macadamia milk) keep adding until mixture looks like a semi-thick pancake batter.
 Of course your next step would be to fry up in a fry pan until golden brown on each side, however I just wasn't feeling it today( Sunday remember), so I plopped some dollops of the mixture onto some baking paper on a plate and microwaved for 1:30. DONE!
 Spread generously with some peanut butter, that I didn't realise had some salt in it (not a bad thing, just wasn't expecting it- we do need a bit of salt in our diets!) so was a bit surprised after the first bite but then thoroughly enjoyed the following noms.
 Enjoyed with a side of rich, creamy, chocolatey avocado mousse- you'll have to wait until later in the week for that recipe ;)
 Unfortunately in pancake form I couldn't really taste the Maca powder (does Maca powder even really have a taste?) so I think I'll add it to some plain oats or something next time. Still extremely delicious pancakes though!
 Warm, drizzly peanut butter though. Something so simple and small that brings me so much joy. I definitely love it more than I should!

 Also knives and forks are for the faint of heart when it comes to pancakes. Pancakes should be eaten like pizza. Trust me, it tastes better. ;)
 Before you go accusing me of forgetting to take with me a knife and fork to my lovely breakfast spot by the pool, I actually didn't! There was a knife right next to me and for s split second I almost picked it up. But then my hand was filled with warm pancake instead. What can I say?
 I also eat my pancakes the same way I eat my crumpets. No other way.
 Look- I made an Australia!!
What a brilliant way to start Sunday!

What about you?
Do you love Sundays as much as me?
Favourite way to start your morning?
Pancakes on a Sunday?

So to sum up- Sundays are awesome- make sure you enjoy yours, Sunday breakfasts are awesome- make sure you have something delicious and you guys are awesome! Make sure you remember that!:D Bye!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts, questions, queries... leave a reply!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...