Tuesday 27 January 2015

WIAW #41

Hidy-ho friendly friends! What a wonderful Wednesday it is! Maybe take away a few degrees, seeing as it's shaping up to be a 38 degrees clesius (11.4 degrees farenheit) day!!

Why am I complaining though? I love the heat!

It also happens to be my party today! Woop Woop! Pool party to the rescue on a hot Summers day in Australia! There's a pinata, pass the parcel, stick the carrot on the Olaf and a Mad Hatters Tea party set up (if you didn't guess already the entire theme is Disney!) and of course everyone will be in costume (Mad Hatter right here :))

Before I get too excited about the day's happenings I thought I'd share with you an entire day of eats from yesterday in WIAW style! Thanks as always to Peas and Crayons for hosting this awesome link-up each week!

Breakfast:
After not one, not two, but three Purely Twins workouts, I splashed my sweating face with water and jumped into the kitchen to make some FOOD!
 2 wholemeal crumpets topped generously with some raw cacao and hazelnut butter and crunchy peanut butter (see I made up for my lack of peanut butter)
 With a green smoothie to wash it all down:
 1 chopped frozen banana + handful of frozen grapes + 3 big scoops of greek yoghurt + dash of LSA mix + sprinkle of chia seeds + juice of half an orange + 2 big handfuls of spinach, all whazzed up together until smooth!
 Smiling crumpet!
 Does anyone else do this:
 Eat around the middle of the crumpet (where all the nut butter is) and leave the best last bites (fuf nut butter) to the end?

Lunch:
After spending the morning shopping for party stuff (cups, plates, pinatas, decorations, food) I made myself a little feast:
 Yes I do have a tendency to eat like a baby with separate bowls for different tastes and textures :)
This bowl had a grilled lentil and veggies burger with roasted potatoes (roasted white, white sweet potato and orange sweet potato) with some spinach:
 Another bowl had some air popped popcorn, plain and delicious!
 And lastly a bowl of raw chopped veg, because raw chopped veg is amazing :)
 Close-up of my favourite bowl from that lunch (trust me, popcorn was a close second!)
 Snack:
As usual my snack of choice was some fruit and soy milk:

 Apple with red grapes:
 Perfect energy boost and some calcium and protein to keep me satisfied:
Dinner:
For dinner I made boiled up some spelt spaghetti, steamed some pumpkin, parsnip, swede and beetroot, pan-fried some tempeh, wilted some spinach and stirred it all together at the end with some tomato and garlic stir-through pasta sauce:

 Yum!

To finish off the day I had 4 brazil nuts and spent the rest of the evening watching some shows with the fam. :)

How about you?
Firstly- do you like crumpets? I love crumpets and don't know what I would do without them?
Secondly- Do you ever just have a series of bowls with different things in them for a meal?
Lastly- Favourite afternoon pick-me-up snack?

Hungry for more? Check out Peas and Crayons for some other link-ups and meal ideas! Make sure you have a fabulous day, no doubt my head will be full of Disney songs by the end of today! Bye for now! :D

2 comments:

  1. I love your fruits and vegetables. So delicious!

    Great food. I think smoothies are so amazing right now. I'm on that level lately.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kay,
    Thanks so much! So much fruit and veggie love going on over ehre! Smmothies too! :D
    Steph 2 chef x

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts, questions, queries... leave a reply!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...