Tuesday 23 December 2014

WIAW #37 Christmas Lovin'

Hidy Ho happy friends! How do I know you're happy? Because it's CHRISTMAS EVE! That's how!!!
 Christmas just seemed to appear for me. Sprinting up to tomorrow before I even had a chance to say Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer!

I have been trying to cram as much Christmas as I can into my days, though, with carols of repeat and a Christmas movie each night :) I just love this time of year!

But I'm getting off track because this is a WIAW post and I'm here to show you the eats! Thanks as always to Peas and Crayons for this awesome link-up!!

Breakfast:
After two dates and a 30 min run I threw some steel cut oats on the stove with a banana, blueberries, almond milk and water and bubbled it away until the liquid was absorbed (I always put in lots of liquid- like triple the recommended amount- as I find the steel cut oats don't go very soft otherwise) then I let it cool for 10 mins before stirring in some greek yoghurt and topping with peanut butter- et voila! Blueberry cheesecake oats:
 How pretty is the colour of those oats though?
 Perfect post-running fuel- great carbs, protein and fat!
 And ridiculously yummy (can I hear a 'dessert for breakfast, oh yeah!')
 Just because I didn't think there was enough pink already....
 Deeeeelicious!
 Lunch:
For lunch I was going to be at a friends house, so I prepped a little container of awesome...
 This was a very random mix of peas, corn, cucumber, tomato, mixed four beans, capsicum, steamed potato and sweet potato and a spur-of-the-moment green sauce type thing:
 Into my trusty mini food processor went a big handful of spinach, kale and basil, along with some lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, olive oil and a crushed garlic clove all whazzed up until smooth. Then stirred into salad:
 It was really quite tasty actually!
 Snack:
Back home at around 4:00pm I had a snack of an apple with grapes and a glass of soy milk:
Dinner:
I was pretty hungry for dinner so whipped up this big bowl of deliciousness at around 6:45pm:
 That was mixed mashed veggies (sweet potato, pumpkin, potato, beetroot, carrot, parsnip and swede) with some brown rice stirred in, along with some garlic tofu and spinach, topped off with a few blobs of hommus:
 Hit. The. Spot.
 I don't think this meal will ever get old for me as I've been eating it for months and months now and it's just my easy to throw together and enjoy- so simple :)
After dinner I had a small handful of mixed raw nuts and then settled in for some Christmas magic (otherwise known as Love Actually :)

And that's a wrap!

Are you excited for Christmas?
Favourite holiday movie? Mine is hands down Elf. Love it so much!

Don't forget to check out Peas and Crayons for some more links into people's daily noms :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts, questions, queries... leave a reply!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...