Wednesday 3 December 2014

WIAW #34 All The Yummy Food!

Why hello there! How are we today? Good? Good! I hope you're in a good mood, because it is Wednesday and we're linking up with the WIAW party! WOOP WOOP!
Now these eats may not be my prettiest, or most creative or most photogenic from my past week, but you all know we keeps it real on this blog and if this is what I eat in a day, this is what I'll show the world!
Lettuce begin!
Before brekky I headed out for a 25 min run with a tummy full of a 2 delicious medjool dates.
Upon returning, I was hungry for some real Breakfast!
Breakfast:
Breakfast was nice and big and filling- cinnamon steel cut oats with a side of grape fro-yo.
the oats were simply 1/3 cup steel cut oats with a few big dashes of cinnamon, 1 sliced banana, a sprinkle of chia seeds and 1 cup of oat milk + 1/2 cup water all mixed together in a saucepan and bubbled away for about 15 mins, then left to cool for another 10 or so mins. Topped off with some mixed nut butter.
This grape fro-yo was positively delicious and was super simple- a handful of frozen grapes + 3 big scoops of greek yoghurt, all whizzed up together in a small food processor until smooth.
I love creamy dreamy, cinnamon delicious oats in the morning!
Snack:

As I always seem to have super-duper big breakfasts, I'm never usually very hungry for a snack, but my school has recess at around 11:00am every day and I have a little snack-age then as I wouldn't be able to hold put until 1:00pm (or later!) for the lunch break.
Lunch:
Speaking of lunch...
Today's included some black rice along with some grilled mushrooms, capsicum, corn and zucchini with 2 torn up veggie sausages, spinach and salsa= yum-tacular!
I like looking forward to lunch and always make sure I've packed something filling, veggie-filled and most importantly delicious (generally ending up pretty big). I was definitely super happy to dig in to this packed luncheo.

Snack:
For my afternoon snack I decided to try something a little different and went with.... the exact same as always! Fruit and soy milk!

Nothing gives me energy and satisfies me to dinner like this snack of fruit and soy milk and it's just so yummy!
 3/4 chopped pear, some kiwi fruit and an apricot.
Glass of soy milk
Dinner:
In saying that, I was pretty darn hungry for dinner, wasn't too keen on much cooking and also had a sudden craving for fried eggs.
Enter dinner:
2 fried eggs, mashed pumpkin, beetroot, potato, sweet potato, parsnip and suede with some chili tofu and spinach stirred in after mash-fy-ing the steamed veg.
The egg-ies were just cracked into a slightly heated pan with some olive oil and cooked to my liking (half set/ half runny)
Super simple, but directly on target to what I was feeling. Perfect!

As usual on my run days I'm always extra hungry so I had a small handful of raw mixed nuts after dinner.

That's what I ate!
How about you? What did you eat Wednesday?

Don't forget to head over to Peas and Crayons for a snoop of what others have been eating on this wonderful Wednesday!

Bye for now! :D





2 comments:

  1. The grape froyo is such a good idea! I need to try it for myself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely a favourite of mine! Thanks athletic avocado- definitely try it! :)
    Steph 2 chef x

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts, questions, queries... leave a reply!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...