Monday 8 December 2014

The greenery

Hi friends, how are we all feeling today?
I just want to jump in here and say I'm feeling great!I have a suspicion why as well!
Over the past few weeks I've been upping my consumption of all things green- and boy have I been feeling 1000x better!

Now, I've always been good at eating my veggies, but sometimes I forget about the green guys- the dark leafy greens, the broccoli, the brussles and beans (not the peas though- I always eat a lot of peas!) so I decided to make sure I ate a few more of these to see if I noticed any differences and I was a little surprised to see differences!
I definitely upped the amount of green smoothies I was consuming, as this is probably the easiest and most delicious way to get in one or two servings of leafy greens before lunch has even rolled round!
This mammoth of a smoothie was my absolute favourite- 1 large chopped frozen banana + 1/2 large chopped frozen mango + 2 large handfuls of spinach + a dash of almond milk (add however much to create your desired thickness- I like mine thick!) super simple and super delicious!
Eaten with some oats because oats are also delicious ;)


Avocado was another veggie that I seemed to forget I had lying around so I made it a priority to eat the ones hanging out in the fridge before they went brown and icky. In the Big Man's World style, I ate half a chopped avocado on top 2 wholemeal crumpets spread with Vegemite:
Along with some baked beans and 2 poached eggs with hommus.
This was so delicious, creamy, crunchy, salty... gah- I want it again now!
Perfection.
This breakfast was a double-whammy on the greens as it featured a delicious chocolate green thick shake (that not only contained spinach but also frozen avocado) with a side of blueberries and green kiwi-fruit.

I really do adore this smoothie and also the fact that the spinach goes by unnoticed ;)
Again- perfection.
More examples:
A delicious weekend lunch of home-popped popcorn (I simply place popcorn kernels in a saucepan with a lid and pop! I love popcorn!) along with a small baked sweet potato topped with mixed beans and with salsa, topped again with avocado and some spinach on the side with a few dollops of hommus:
This was soooo good! Why does sweet potato have to taste so good and yet make me so... orange!
So green :)
So good :)
Perfect little sweet potato bowl!
Lastly, I didn't want kale to go by unnoticed because it is my second favourite dark leafy green- after spinach and so here it is:
Spelt spaghetti with roasted veg (pumpkin, beetroot, parsnip, carrot, swede) grilled tempeh, peas and kale! I added the peas and kale to my boiling spaghetti a couple of minutes before I drained it.
I love the colour green go when cooked quickly! So vibrant!


So what have I been feeling? More energised, less bloated, less tired and grumpy, clear head, and a weird sort of healthy tummy feeling that I can't quite explain. In other words- happy Steph!

Talk to me:
Do you like/eat your greens?
What's your favourite way to slip em' in?
Favourite green smoothie recipe?

That's it from me folks! See ya later! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts, questions, queries... leave a reply!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...