Friday 14 November 2014

What to eat?

Some days I just don't know what to eat.
Yesterday was one of those days.
Now, it's never usually too much of a problem. I'll probably just walk around for a bit and then think about some different foods, figure out what I'm feeling and go from there.
Yesterday I had to think up breakfast, lunch and dinner. At 6:30 in the morning.
Never fear!
It was quite a task but in the end I think I pulled it off.
I managed to figure out that I wanted a smoothie for breakfast. Along with some granola. You know what I was feeling.
I searched my freezer for a frozen banana... *gasp* none left?!? Ok, plan B. Discover an extremely ripe banana sitting in my fruit drawer in the fridge. *phew*.
Throw together a deliciously green, green smoothie:
A handful of frozen mango chunks, 1 chopped banana, a handful of kale, handful of spinach, 2 big scoops of greek yoghurt and some oat milk- whazzed!
Topped off with some yummy peanut butter and almond butter granola:
I knew I was playing hockey tonight from 6-7 and knew I would be hungry and knew I should make something now in order to have something later... but what? Here we go again!
pic
I checked out my veggie drawer, pulled a few things out (whatever had to be used up before the grocery shop tomorrow) and decided to roast it all up in some coconut oil:
Pre-cooked eggplant, broccoli, brussels sprouts, zucchini, sweet potato and potato
Ok so brekky sorted, dinner roasting... I should probably make something for lunch seeing as I will be at school and will need something to eat. (I'm a real thinker aren't I?)
Gah!What should I have for lunch?
Hey, why didn't I chuck any pumpkin, beetroot or parsnip onto my roasting tray? Oh well, lets steam it up for lunch! What pairs well wit steamed root veggies? Pasta of course:
Rice and quinoa pasta with steamed pumpkin, beetroot and parsnip along with mixed four beans and spinach
Sorted!
Veggies out of oven: (around 45 mins at 180 degrees celsius)
Phew! No can I have a lie down? What do you mean it's only 7:30am? Well at least I know I won't be going hungry!
Packed up and ready to go:
 I also added in some sauteed asparagus, onion, mushrooms, chili and garlic- just coz, you know, there weren't enough veggies in there. ;)
 How good is cold roasted veggies in coconut oil? Am I right? Takes brussels sprouts to a whole new level.
 Still doesn't mask the smell though as my car buddies so politely told me! :) (thanks mother and brother)
I was fed, I was happy and I was completely organised for my day!

How about you?
Do you sometimes have to cook all your food in the morning/ pack all of it for the day? Sometimes I need to do this several times a week!
What is a usual craving for you? For me it's either oatmeal, pasta or sushi ;)
Cold roasted veggies. Love/ hate? Love, love love!

Well, I'm off to do some grocery shopping (love grocery shopping :) catch you guys later! :D




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts, questions, queries... leave a reply!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...