Saturday 8 November 2014

Experimentation!

If you enter my household on a weekend morning (no... that's a lie- on any morning) you might witness what can only be described as me crazily chucking random ingredients into bowls and hoping for the best experimenting :)

I love to create new taste sensations/ just make really weird (but good!) creations.
A few of my favourites:
 The breakfast pretzel:
The breakfast pizza:
And these colourful pizza parcels:
 On this fine Sunday I had full intentions to make these pancakes I saw whilst blog scrolling and so raced into the kitchen and thought.. hang on, I can take this idea and make something new!

I was feeling some kind of bake.

So I made a green... something or other:

Into my cutesie food processor went 1/2 banana, a handful of spinach and a splash of almond milk- whazzed!

Then I decided to combine that with 1/3 cup rolled oats, a big dash of cinnamon (like 3 big shakes) 1/4 cup coconut flour, a few chopped nuts and some raisins- stirred to combine:
Green stuff added:
Poured into mug:
And baked at 180 degrees celsius for 15 mins:

While it was baking I made something a little less creative but still extremely delicious:
A big handful of mixed frozen berries, whazzed up with some greek yoghurt! (note the awesome colour:)

Placed in the freezer to harden up a bit.

Whilst I was rummaging through the fridge for something to top my bake with I found an almost empty jar of cashew butter. Score!

I began spooning in my piping hot bake and realised it wouldn't all fit... so I simply ate the rest there and then (I was HUNGRY!)

Then I ate the rest like a civilised person:
Topped with a little extra nut butter for good measure:
Admiring the colour again:
A few spoon shots for good measure:


And then I was full!
I was fairly happy with this creation- it still needs a bit of work but that's what experimentation is all about! I'm thinking some different flavour combos next time like chocolate/ blueberry/ caramel (hello dates!)

Your turn:
What's your best food creation?
What's your weirdest food combo?
Do you get scared of stuff that's green?

I hope you guys have a good Sunday- remember to eat something yummy- and I'll see you later! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts, questions, queries... leave a reply!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...