Sunday 30 November 2014

A breakfast recap

Hello everyone!
On this blog, I've said a few times how I'm not a creature of habit, I like to mix things up and rarely have the same thing two days in a row and I'm not lying, however I do seem to have a sort of breakfast rotation starting to happen for some reason, with all of my favourites appearing once in my week.
What's on my rotation?
So it may come as a surprise to you to see what kinds of breakfasts appeared in my hot little hands last week...
A wholemeal crumpet with peanut butter!
Smoothie= nudie juice plus some black grapes :)

The next day I did something totally wild and made...
A smoothie bowl!
The smoothie was 1 frozen banana, half a chopped deliciously ripe mango, 3 big scoops of greek yoghurt, a big handful of spinach, a big handful of kale and a splash of almond milk, all whazzed up until smooth:
Topped with some cashew butter granola (1 tablespoon of cashew butter placed in the microwave with 1/3 cup almond milk for 30 seconds- stir then rubbed into 1/2 cup fruity muesli, spread onto baking paper lined tray and baked in oven at 180 degrees celsius for 15 mins)
Then of course made even prettier when I began to actually eat it:
Seriously though, smoothie bowls are just so fabulous, why would I take them off my weekly rotation?
I wouldn't :)

Ok, so you may not have been shocked by my first two breakfasts, but buckle in, this one is so unpredictable...
Ok, I lied again. Smoothie + OIAJ! (oats in a jar)
Now guys, this may have been the best smoothie I have ever made. I don't even know what I did differently, but it was super big, super yummy and just plain- SUPER!

Same recipe as above just with frozen mango, instead of not frozen and a tad more yoghurt I think?
Just admire the smoothie's beauty for a second.
Good admiring people. Of course the oats were great too. Based off this recipe and chucked into an almost empty jar of almond butter! Best bowl ever!
So what's in store for next weeks breakfasts? I'm not sure, it could be anything, I could have a complete personality change and have scrambled eggs and toast or a croissant (don't really like croissants though) or hash browns. Although I could be the exact same Steph and end up having the relatively similar stuff listed above (I always mix up the flavours) and the smoothie bowls will be going now where... especially now that I've re-stocked my frozen fruit supply:
 Bring on the yummies!

Tell me:
Do you love breakfast? It just so happens to be my favourite meal of the day :)
Do you often have the same thing every day?
Are you a sweet/ savoury breakfast eater? I am definitely a sweet, fruity kinda brekky girl, however every once in a blue moon I get the craving for the toast and eggs!

Ciao for now! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts, questions, queries... leave a reply!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...