Thursday 30 October 2014

Thinking out loud- The week that was... in my brain

Happy Thursday everyone! It's almost Friday. WHOOP WHOOP!
Now I've got a lot on my mind, which is why I'm ever so grateful for the awesome link-up hosted by Running with Spoons every Thursday for a weekly brain-dump (also known as Thinking out Loud ;)

Let's fly straight into it!
1. First of all I have a question for you. Are you an early bird or a night owl?
The reason I ask is because I am most definitely an early bird and most definitely NOT a night owl.
I am beginning to believe I am the weirdest teenager on the planet. Most definitely.
If there are any readers out there who are almost at the point of unconsciousness by 9:00pm and are full of beans by about 5:30am.. please leave a comment to let me know I'm not alone!

2. Have you guys ever heard of camel milk? (Haha, where did that question come from?) any way, I saw it in a healthy living magazine the other day and was surprised to learn that apparently it's the new moo juice! It's said to fight infection, promote healing and boost immunity! I didn't even know you could milk a camel and yet the magazine tells me that this stuff will hit select shelves in a couple of months. Camel milk on your cereal, hmm, I'll have to get used to that one!
 3. On the topic of strange foods, I think Vegemite would have to make that list. Now, I'm Australian so I love Vegemite and don't find it weird at all, but it seems like us Aussies are the only ones who do.
The reason this realisation is suddenly buzzing through my head was after I was flicking through channels one night and came across Beauty and the Geek Australia. They're Australian geeks and American beauties and one of the challenges for the beauties was to present on an Australian topic. Of course one of them got Vegemite and said something along the lines of 'This is like Australia's version to Nutella!' and followed this statement by taking a huge spoon of Vegemite.
Now guys, Vegemite is S.A.L.T.Y! You spread it thinly on bread, usually with butter. Never take a spoon of it on its own. Ever.
(By the way, that beauty spent the rest of her presentation coughing and spluttering saying; 'Why do you guys eat this?')

4. Generally if I'm low on time for dinner / lunch I'll have some toast with Vegemite and avocado. The other night I didn't have any bread, but I did have this lurking around in my freezer:

No, contrary to the box it is not a container of frozen cheese. It's a block of some pumpkin soup I made a few weeks ago. So, I plonked it in a saucepan, heated it up and voila- soup!

To pump it up I added some wholemeal pasta, peas and garlic tofu:
This was so quick to come together and really tasty!
5. I also knew ahead of time that I was going to be late home the other night, so in the morning I roasted up a heap of veggies, let them cool and then placed them in the fridge for that night, where I quickly scrambled up some eggs topped with salsa to go with them:
Does anyone else prefer cold roasted veggies to hot? I love them so much!
6. Ok, I'm back on the topic of milk... yeh... if I had to choose which milk I would drink it would have to be hippo.
Why?

7. And with that last little random piece of... whatever that was (I don't think I can call it information) I think I will wrap things up!

So:
Early bird or night owl?
Cold or hot veggies?
Camel/ hippo/ cow's milk?

Make sure you head over to Spoons to see what everyone else is thinking out loud about!
See ya later! :D

2 comments:

  1. I used to be the biggest night owl when I was younger, but somewhere along the way I turned into a huge early bird. Now I feel like I'm stuck somewhere in the middle since I love the early mornings and late nights, but hate everything in between lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amanda,
    Hahaha, I guess I might change then! Who knows!
    Steph 2 chef x

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts, questions, queries... leave a reply!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...