Friday 17 October 2014

The Orange-tits continues

Hidy-ho folks and happy Saturday! I love Saturdays! Although I do have exams coming up in a few short weeks so my Saturdays probably won't seem so great soon (hello studying ;) Any who, let's get back to the post.

Yesterday I was with my buddies just talking in our little circle and then we started looking at the lines on our hands trying to figure out what they meant (you know- long line= millionaire, short line= heart attack, 3 lines=74 kids.. stuff like that :) and unfortunately that meant it was plain and obvious that I was suffering from the fatal disease known as orange-itis!

Want proof? Guess which hand is mine:
Exactly.

So I decided to flick through some of the recent meals I've had...
There was that pumpkin based pizza which also had sweet potato on top:
Then a bowl of roast veggies and rice: There's no pretending there aren't carrots in that bowl :)
A big mug of pumpkin chili:
I need to recreate this because it was great.. I just need to write down everything I threw in that pot!

So that was just a handful of examples from this past week. And I wonder why I'm as orange as an oompaloompa?

 I decided that I needed a day of green to balance out all this beta-carotene. I started off really well too!
 A BIG green smoothie made with 1/2 chopped frozen banana, 1 big handful of frozen mango, 3 big scoops of greek yoghurt, a sprinkle of chia seeds, a huuuugggee handful of spinach and some rice milk, all whazzed up until smooth. Along side 2 wholemeal crumpets with cashew butter:
 Very green and very delicious!

For recess I packed myself some peas and for lunch I went with some pesto pasta! Rice and quinoa pasta with some walnut pesto, two torn up chickpea sausages... and a teensy bit of steamed pumpkin :O

 I just couldn't imagine a pasta dish without some creamy pumpkin. I could feel my will power slipping!

That night I had a 6:00pm hockey game and had to take dinner with me for the way back. So I made some eggplant parmigiana:

 Made by cooking some eggplant for 30 mins at 150 degrees celsius, then taking them out, spreading on some 100% tomato paste, some vegan cheese and a bit of cracked pepper and then back in the oven for 15 mins until golden.
These were so yummy, I highly recommend you make them!
Then I forgot about my orange-less day. I made sweet potato fries to go with it.

Ok, so I may not have succeeded in reducing the orange-itis but it turns out I don't really care. I like orange food too much and if it makes my hands a little more orange then everyone elses- so be it. I'll pretend I got a fake tan. On my hands. Yeah.

Do you suffer from orange-itis? Do you care?
Do you like pesto? You know I do!
How about parmigiana?

That's it from me today folks, I hope you have a great Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts, questions, queries... leave a reply!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...