Monday 20 October 2014

Combating orange-itis

Hello friendly friends of the inter web variety!
You may/may not have remembered my post revealing just how orange my hands have become. It's taken a lot of will power on my part, but I have started trying to combat my fatal disease ;)
Just have a look at my dinner:
Hmm, they look like some interesting veggies! Potato, parsnip, swede... where's the pumpkin/ sweet potato/ carrot?
Exactly!
I cooked these bad boys up with some olive oil and fresh rosemary (guys- how good does roasted rosemary taste? Am I right!)
Served alongside the best veggie sausages in the world, topped with salsa on top of some beautiful tomato slices and spinach... and no orange!
Super delicious :)
I was happy/ satisfied and didn't need my yummy orange friends.


This lasted about a day...

 
See, my dinner started off very green and very orange-less:
 Some broccoli, corn, asparagus and brussels sprouts blanching in some boiling water
 Then I made it into a salad with some semi-dired tomatoes and lentils and an apple cider vinegar and wholegrain mustard dressing.
With a side of rosemary potatoes.
Yes, just potatoes. Those long orange things aren't carrots... they're potatoes ;)
 So my dinner was almost orange-less but then I had some aging baby carrots in the fridge that I just had to use, so I chucked them in the oven to roast with the taters.
 Today, I knew the only way to combat my weakness was to take out the big guns:
That's right- PESTO!
I made a pesto wholegrain couscous and beans, peas and lentils salad with cherry tomatoes:

 I'm excited for this lunch!

So I'm not really succeeding in my detox of orange veggies but who cares? I mean look at all the benefits of a sweet potato:
 And they didn't even mention the natural fake tan! On your hands! A little bit more orange than a normal tan... ok it's more of a small side effect than a benefit.

In all seriousness I was embarrassed/ stressed about my tangerine phalanges (saying orange hands over and over again was getting boring) but that was only for about a day. I soon realised that I liked those veggies too much and come on! They're vegetables! One should never deprive themselves of veggies! And seriously, why do you think pockets were invented? ;)
The message of this story?
Pumpkin, carrot and sweet potatoes will turn your hands orange if you eat them every single day.
But also..
Pumpkin, carrot and sweet potato will make you very happy if you eat them every single day :)

SWEET POTATO FRIES FOR EVERYONE!

That's it from me today guys, what are your thoughts on this?

Do you suffer from Orange-itis?
Have you tried to go without these veggies to combat this disease? ;)
Normal fries or sweet potato fries? Do I really need to ask this question?

Bye for now friends! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts, questions, queries... leave a reply!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...