Saturday 18 October 2014

Chocolate Pancakes!

Happy Sunday!
Happy pancake Sunday!
Happy chocolate pancake Sunday!
Oh yeah!

I went to bed last night with full intentions to make some lemon blueberry pancakes.
I woke up this morning with full intentions for chocolate. :)
Before I got to work whipping up a batch of delicious choc pancakes I took two of these:
 I still can't get over how much I love dates!
And hit to pavement running! (Still not for very long, or very fast, but I am so thankful that I can run again that it doesn't even matter!)
When I got back in (it was raining... I really needed some comforting pancakes) I retrieved the supplies:
 Ingredients:
30g wholemeal spelt flour
30g raw rolled oats
1 tablespoon raw cacao
sprinkle of cacao nibs
1 teaspoon chia seeds
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 small mashed banana
1 cup milk of choice (I used oat milk)
oil for cooking

Method:
1. Place everything but the banana and milk in a bowl and stir to combine:
 2. Add in the mashed banana and milk and whisk to combine:
 3. Place in the fridge and let sit and thicken for 10 mins.
4. Heat a fry pan on low/medium heat with a bit of olive oil/ coconut oil and spoon on your mixture (sorry about the lighting)
 5. After a few minutes, check if you can get a spatula fully under, if they're still about fragile leave them for a tad longer, if not flip away!
 6. After a few minutes on the other side, flip onto some paper towel to drain away any excess oil:
 7. Top with anything you like: (I chose cashew butter and coconut butter)
 8. Enjoy with a GINORMOUS slice of water melon (optional :D )
 Chocolate loving satisfied :)
 The mashed banana makes these cakes really moist (there were no other adjectives.. sorry!) and sweet as well:
 Seriously though, what's better than chocolate and banana? Oh that's right- chocolate banana, coconut butter and nut butter!
 And watermelon!
 This was no joke the best watermelon I think I've ever had. Period.
 Nom
 Check em' out:
Ok, now you can stop trying to bite your computer screen- go and make them!

In other news, after hearing some comments about the blog , I've had some requests to do a feature on using cheaper more readily available items. See, I live at home (being 15 and all) and can throw a packet of chia seeds, or raw cacao into the basket without really thinking about it, but I'm sure there are some readers- like college students etc. who can't do that, so I think I'll do a week of low budget, yet still utterly delicious recipes.

What do you guys think about that?

Anywho that's it from me today, feel free to leave any comments/ suggestions :)

Bye for now! :D


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts, questions, queries... leave a reply!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...