Sunday 14 September 2014

4 books

Hello,  hello!I'm back with another n10-day-you challenge and today we are up to.....
4 books!
 Before we get started though, I have to show you guys this ridiculous cake I made on the weekend! Now it's not vegan/ gluten free/ healthy in any means.. but it sure was fun to make :)
 From Taste.com.au magazine  it's called the oreo choc chunk cheesecake. On the top is a meringue that I got to caramelize with a cooks blow torch- it was awesome!
 I think it went choc biscuit base, Oreo cheesecake with chunks of oreo inside, a chocolate ganache over on top, which was then topped with the meringue, then melted chocolate drizzle and more mini choc Oreos.

Yeh. No words.
My family still can't understand how I can go through making something like this and then not eating it. I seriously find that making it is the best part. Is there anyone out there who agrees? Anyone?

Now back onto books. Hmm, maybe we should have started with the books- the cake was just too exciting! Ahh well :)

Coming in at number 4 on my top 4 books ever...
The Fallen Series by Lauren Kate
I loved these books and finished the entire series in about a week- they're big books too! My favourite genres are probably fantasy and dystopian so I guess that's another reason why I enjoyed it so much!

Number 3:

 I think this may have been the book that actually got me into reading. I read it when I was about 9 and it was just amazing. The imagination of this author excited me and influenced my own writing (boy, did I do well in creative writing throughout primary school!) I loved it so much that I had to own it and it had to be a hardcover- so I got a really old, hardcover version off ebay.I think it used to belong to a library in England.

Ok guys. It's my top two!
Runner up:

Disruption by Jessica Shirvington
I only read this one this year (I think it was only published this year) and it blew my mind! Love, love, love it! I love the main character- she's just so flipping awesome and I love the whole idea of the novel. What I don't love? I have to wait for book number 2 to come out later in the year!

I don't want to seem so mainstream or anything but my number one favourite book/ series is:
The Hunger Games series by Suzanne Collins
Again, I read the entire series in about a week and had such an emotional reaction to each and every book, they became my favourite books ever, as nothing else I have read has given me that kind of response! Now I could go on and on about what I love about these books, but you might just want to read them yourself to see why I like them so much :)

What's your top 4 fav books?
Cook for fun, or cook to devour?

See ya later guys! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts, questions, queries... leave a reply!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...