Monday 28 July 2014

Another dough boy!

Hey guys! You may have noticed that ever since this post I have been a bit obsessed with smoothies lately! I first got the idea of the dough boy smoothie from Kath Eats. Check out her recipe page for heaps of flavour variations!
For today's dough boy, I decided to make a berry version!
Ingredients:
1 chopped frozen banana
1 big handful of mixed frozen berries
1 serving over night oats (see recipe below)
1/2 cup milk (I used oat milk)
optional- some greek yoghurt
Step 1.
Make overnight oats:
 I simply place 1/3-1/2 cup muesli in a bowl with 3/4 cup milk (oat milk) with a sprinkle of chia seeds. Give it a stir and leave it in the fridge overnight- simple pimple.
Step 2.
Place all the ingredients in a blender and whaz until smooth:

Yes this recipe was 2 steps and really simple- just the way I like it- especially on busy school mornings and after a sweaty workout :)
It's perfectly sweet (if a little too much for my tastes) and is super filling and yummy- also a well-balanced meal in smoothie form. Feel free to add spinach/ kale etc. for another nutrient boost!
I also happened to have a pinkish dinner too...
Yes, that is probably the biggest toasted wrap I've ever seen too!
Filled with mashed root veggies, brocolli, brussels sprouts, lentils, kale and chili tofu:

Lastly, did anyone know it was national hot dog day on Saturday? Well, as a die hard foodie myself... I forgot. So I made up for it 364 days early:
Very similar to this one.
Have a great day everyone! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts, questions, queries... leave a reply!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...