Tuesday 3 June 2014

WIAW#8

Hello, hello fellow readers, writers, musicians, students, maths whizzes...
Yeh- WELCOME EVERYONE! To another WIAW- Steph style (Which simply means anything but what I ate Wednesday!)
Confused yet? Great.. let's begin!
*P.S. head on over to Peas and Crayons (on Wednesday) to see what everyone else has been consuming :)

Breakfasts:
Super thick, super chocolatey Green Smoothie!
There are only a few ingredients in my recipe:
Frozen banana and half a frozen avocado, a few slices of cucumber, some oat milk, 1 scoop of chocolate protein powder, 1-2 tablespoons of raw cacao, a dash of cinnamon, 1/4 cup of rolled oats, 1 teaspoon chia seeds, 1 large handful of spinach.. is that it? Oh-wait no- don't forget the scoop of nut butter!
Thick enough for a spoon :)
In other big news- I had yoghurt again for the first time in over a year- Plain greek yoghurt, but still!
Why? Because I felt it was time... and I was missing the taste of yoghurt :)
I made a parfait:

Greek yoghurt, sliced banana, easiest jam ever, and coconut and peanut butter granola (I will get around to a proper recipe for this soon!)
See:
Because I'm not into overly sweet foods, this yoghurt was perfect!
YUM!
I also made some more cookies :)
And some of the creamiest banana soft serve ever! (It was a frozen banana chucked in the food processor with a spoon of almond butter)


Lastly of my list of delicious brekky's was this mornings- A classic:
Almond butter and banana toastie :)
In the background was a mango smoothie- I was feeling lazy, was sick of my big blender and my small food processor was just staring at me. So I chucked a handful of frozen mango, the little bit of leftover banana and a cup of oat milk in it and whazzed until smooth- genius!

And made just enough:
Mmmm...
Lunches:
It seems as I go through the meals, there are less and less photographs.. Breakfast is definitely my favourite meal of the day!
A toasted wrap filled with scrambled eggs, wilted spinach, sauteed mushrooms, capsicum, peas, corn, tomato, hommus and some olives, with a side of roasted pumpkin :)
Good:
Better:
I aslo enjoyed the last of my butternut pumpkin by... roasting it's butt!
Filling it with a chili pesto pasta with green and drizzling over some vegan cheese then, back in the oven for 5 mins to brown up 'cheese'.
It didn't all fit in the butt(ernut) pumpkin:

 Fork shot!
Lastly for lunches was a delicious open sandwich:
With a side of bean salad and two poached eggs with hommus:
On my open sandwich was a spelt flatbread, hommus, spinach, grated carrot, cherry tomatoes, capsicum, cucumber some torn apart veggie burger and two slices of the biggest tomato!
Yum, yum!
The photos get less from here people!
Snacks:
All my snacks seem to feature fruit and soy milk, because that's what I always feel like!
A pear with a glass of soy milk, with a curly straw ;)
Dinners:
You know how I said the pics get less- yeh, well- I have no pics of dinners!
But that's a little glimpse into my food experiences, I hope you got some inspiration, entertainment, or at least a grumbly tummy!
Have a great week!

2 comments:

  1. I'm nosing around your blog and oh my gosh I love you. Your meals are a thousand times more exciting and appealing than mine. (jealous!) Teach me thy ways! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Janessa! I've been a long time reader of your blog and I absolutely love it- I feel really honoured that you love mine too!
    Teach you my ways? I don't even know what my ways are ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts, questions, queries... leave a reply!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...