Friday 6 June 2014

Simple=delicious

I think sometimes I get caught up in extravagant meals with heaps of ingredients and sides and random foods, that usually don't really end up going together (but are still gobbled up- come on people.. it's food!) for example, roast veggies, with a side of chili pesto pasta and some steamed greens topped with nutritional yeast.
So, occasionally I take a step back and get back to basics, I truly believe my favourite meals are the most basic kinds..
I mean- beans and toast, tomato and pesto pizza, or simply a bowl of roasted/steamed/anything veggies.
With that in mind, here's some meals and loose recipes for any inspiration :)
OATS!
I've been known to put multiple types of fruit in my oats, create oat ice creams, bowls, pizzas and more.. but my favourite is definitely simple whipped banana oats:
Ingredients:
1 banana
1/2 cup oats
1 tablespoon chia seeds
1 cup milk of choice (I used oat)
optional 1 tablespoon coconut butter
any topping you like (in the picture I used almond butter)

Method:
1. Place oats, chia seeds, thinly sliced banana, optional coconut butter and milk in a saucepan, stir to combine
2. Place on medium heat and leave to thicken- once bubbling whisk until all the banana chunks disappear and your oats are thickened to your liking
3. Top with anything and enjoy!
SO SIMPLE!
SO GOOD!
The next meal was simple and didn't need me to hang around in the kitchen- which was great because I was super hungry (it was past dinner time... I had just seen The Fault in our Stars! SO GOOD!) and I needed to shower and do some homework etc. So I didn't want to cook an elaborate dinner- I wanted it to taste good though!
Enter mug of deliciousness!
Here's what you do:
Steam up some veggies (like- pumpkin, parsnip, potato, sweet potato and beetroot) for about 20-30 mins) and mash!
Chop up some chili tofu:
Add some greens (spinach and frozen peas)
Stir:
Place in mug (I have a thing with mugs, hey?)
Top with a big spoon of hommus:
Enjoy!
While the veggies steamed I could do everything else :)
Lastly a simple green brekky:
Two slices of rye toast, topped with some vegemite and mashed avocado

and two soft boiled eggs with runny yolks for dipping :)
Also- in the background:
A green nudie juice (no added sugars- all natural, just fruit and veg!)
YUM!
See- sometimes simple is best! I still love my extravagant creations, but sometimes you just need to get back to basics- my tummy seems to thank me for it :)
Have a great weekend! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts, questions, queries... leave a reply!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...