Friday 20 June 2014

Purple town :)

I was gonna name this post blue-da-ba-de-da-ba-daaa! But then I figured while all the food featured in today's post may be called blue_ something, it really is purple!

I love the colour purple. As a child the answer to 'what's your favourite colour?' was always PINK AND PURPLE!
So last week (unintentionally) I managed to incorporate quite a few purple foods into my meals, which is pretty tricky seeing as most natural foods aren't naturally purple!
Behold- breakfast: Blueberry (purpley) oatbran!
 With a glass of soy milk :)
Here's what ya do:
Place about 1/4-1/3 cup of oatbran in a saucepan with some chia seeds:
Add a scoop of vanilla protein powder:
Add a thinly sliced banana:
And of course some blueberries:
Place about 1 cup (maybe more, depending on how you like your oatbran) of milk (I used oat milk) and stir to combine. Place over medium heat:
Keep stirring until it forms this:
See purple!
Pour into bowl (or mug!) and top with nut butter! Or anything you like really :)
Oh, hello!
OMNOM
Then lunch rolled around... I was feeling Nachos :)
And yay.... another photo recipe (I find them sooo much better!)
Steam some veggies to make a mash (pictured below is some parsnip, sweet potato and carrot)
Then I put some Quorn mince (vegan mince), 3 cherry tomatoes (split in half) a strip of capsicum, a mini tin of drained corn, some peas and a mini 4 beans tin (drained) in a small frypan with about1/2 cup of water and 1-2 teaspoons taco seasoning:
I cooked that until all the water disappeared.
Then I made some simple guacamole, with half an avocado, some lemon juice and leftover corn kernels:
 Whaz!
And began to layer-up!
Some organic blue-maize tortilla chips:
 Vegan cheese:
 Mashed veggies and Quorn mince taco mix:
And.. guacamole!
I love nachos so much- it used to be one of the only things I would order when we went out to a restaurant as a kid (the plate was always huge!) that and Margarita pizza (again always huge!) but my home-made nachos win hands-down! Deeee-lish!
 I also think the purple chips are cool too, and are pretty strong...
Don't forget to tune in next time for something that may involve an almost empty jar of this stuff:
Spoiler- it's not oats!
Have a fab Friday everyone!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts, questions, queries... leave a reply!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...