Friday 27 June 2014

Oats-sorta oats + smoothies!

If I had to ask myself what my favourite breakfast was I couldn't answer it with just one... well I could but I don't think this one counts- it's a million-gazillion times better than any other breakfast ;)

My favourite breakfasts however, is a tie between smoothies and oats, which is exactly what I've been enjoying lately!
Kicking things off with CHOCOLATE!
I made some simple chocolate oats (oats+rice milk+ raw cacao powder+ cocoa nibs+ dash of cinnamon+sprinkle of chia seeds) then I remembered this ice-cream- where I added greek yoghurt and it tasted just.like.cheesecake!
So I wanted to make some chocolate cheesecake oats :)

blob, blob, blob
Stir, stir, stir
and bubble away until thickened.
Plopped in a mug and covered in almond butter... mmm
Never had cheesecake (oats) for breakfast. T'was good :)
Especially with a nudie :)

Then I made...
A tropical dough boy smoothie- inspired by Kath from Kath Eats Real Food!
I made some overnight oats the night before:

Then in the morning got out the rest of the stuff:
Overnight oats, 1 frozen banana, 1 handful of frozen mango, (didn't end up using the greek yoghurt- too much of a good thing, right? Nah!) 1 tablespoon almond butter and about 1 cup of rice milk (depending on desired thickness)
All placed in a blender and whazzed!
Deeee-lishhh!
All natural sweetners, vegan, cake-y(?) yum!

 Lastly was this mornings breakfast of oats in the form of granola and smoothie in the form of PB+J
Inspired by this recipe.
I made the granola by preheating oven to 180 degrees and melting some coconut butter with rice milk in the microwave for about 25 seconds:

Bit hard to see, but there was about 1 tablespoon coconut butter and 1/4 cup rice milk.
Then, with your hands you rub it in to some oats and dried fruit and nuts (as much as you want)
Place on baking tray:
Bake for around 15 mins:
and cool while you make the smoothie.
The smoothie was just 1 banana + chia seeds + 2 dollops greek yoghurt + 3/4 cup frozen blueberries+ 1 1/2 tablespoons almond butter+ 1/2 cup rice milk, whazzed:
Pour into mug (mugs are cool)
Top with coconut granola and any leftover banana:
Enjoy!
I sure did (my favourite part was the colour.. but then I ate some... my favourite part is the taste :)

I hope everyone has a fantabulous weekend, enjoys the extra time and maybe make a delicious breakfast! :D



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts, questions, queries... leave a reply!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...