Tuesday 15 April 2014

That's my JAM!

Today I'm here to give you my super technical, tricky, favourite recipe for jam. Can you tell I'm kidding?
I woke up today and wanted jam. I don't know why.. I've never really liked jam or honey or anything like that- Vegemite all the way people! But as I grow and change, so do my taste buds (who'd a thunk I'd like olives now?)
So, I opened the fridge and... hurrah! We had jam! Look at the sugar content- and almost fell over! So I decided to make my own :)
I know you have to add sugar to jam for the flavour and all, because berries are extremely tart, but my recipe has no added sugar and tastes even better than bought jam! How did I do it?!?
Steph's super simple jam recipe!
Watch carefully guys, I'm only gonna tell you once how to do this!
1. Get a cup if mixed frozen berries, microwave on high for 1:30 mins.
2. Place half a chopped banana into a small food processor:
3. Add your hot berries:
4. Whaz!
Yes, I know, I know, pretty technical stuff- 2 ingredients, whazzed together!
It's super-duper yummy though!
So what did I do with my delicious jam? Well it was breakfast time and I was pretty hungry... but somehow I managed to stop myself from sculling the entirety of my jam (a few spoonfuls is fine!) instead, I decided to make pumpkin jam cookie bar things :)
With some leftover jam on the side ;D
Wheat free, dairy free, sugar free, soy free, nut free...
Ingredients:
140g pumpkin
chia gel- 1 tablespoon chia seeds, mixed with 1 tablespoon water
65g wholemeal spelt flour
15g rolled oats
10g coconut flour
10g oat bran
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
optional- LSA mix

Method:
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius
2. Chop pumpkin and steam/ boil until soft (15 mins)
3. Place all the dry ingredients in a bowl and stir to combine
4. Add pumpkin to dry mix:
5. Add chia gel to mix and stir until combined:
6. Take a small bit of dough and flatten onto a tray lined with baking paper- raising the edges slightly:
7. Spoon on some of the jam and top with a bit more dough, until you've used up all the dough:
8. Bake in the oven for 10-15 mins until hard on top and slightly golden.
9. Top with whatever you like (I chose coconut butter) and enjoy!
Yum, yum, yum! Especially that delightful jam!

I placed the remaining banana in as well.
I think we need some close-ups:
Hello DELICIOUS!
Inside view:
Can't forget the spoon shot:
* Note to self, put the spoon down before fiddling with camera...
No- not the jam!
Hehe! I hope you all have a fabulous day and maybe enjoy some all-natural jam!
:D


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts, questions, queries... leave a reply!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...