Friday 11 April 2014

Savoury inspiration

It's no doubt my favourite thing to cook is sweets and mainly breakfast sweets! But I do eat other stuff besides breakfast (even though I may not always want to- veggies are important- and delicious!)
I'll start with one you've seen before- but is soo good I'm not even bothered!
Yeah! It's that pumpkin seed and purple wheat panini again! This one had a grilled veggie burger, hommus, grated carrot, capsicum, spinach and salsa all toasted up! On the side were some sweet potato wedges:
Just cut up sweet potato, cover lightly in oil and bake at 180 degrees celsius for about 20-30 mins.
Also, the leftover stuff I had for my sandwich (I made WAY too much!)
Yup, that was delicious!
Next was dinner last night which featured these wheat free, gluten free caneloni stuffed with mashed beetroot, swede, and pumpkin- wich was mixed with toasted seeds, corn, lentils and herbs:
Topped with some tinned tomatoes and nutritional yeast, which was put in an 180 degrees oven for about 35 mins.

It was YUM-MY! I simply placed it all on top of some steamed veggies :)
Lastly- the most awesomely coloured dinner of the week...
These were my version of potato cakes! Steamed potato, sweet potato, pumpkin, beetroot and parsnip all mashed together with some cooked brown rice, corn, peas and tofu, then placed in a fry pan with some oil- flipping once= what's another word for yum? Thesaurus= scrumptious!
 I love the colour- thank you again beetroot!
Savoury= good (sometimes!:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts, questions, queries... leave a reply!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...