Thursday 17 April 2014

Recently in Steph land...

Hi everyone! Sorry about the recent posts with pictures of my recipes, all of yesterday and the day before I was creating my visual index for all of my recipes using inlinkz with the help of this lovely blogger.
So don't get too confused about the sudden bombardment of recipes- but do check out the pages, they are labelled up the top- Breakfast, Main meals and Toppings (like dips, sauces and spreads)
Any-who.. this is a food blog and seeing as I forgot to do a WIAW (What I ate Wednesday) and a Thinking out Loud Thursday, I thought I might combine the two!
So lets start with some yummy meals I've been enjoying of late...
I have this thing about nuts you see... I'm nuts about them- and if they don't feature in my breakfast (which they almost always do) then they have to feature at lunch or dinner. Hmmm, where is my beloved peanut butter hiding on this plate?
AHAH! So these were my nutty, oven baked bean balls! So simple- but here's the jist, about 3/4 cup red kidney beans, with a tablespoon of lentils, heated in microwave, smashed and mixed with some onion and garlic that I fried in a fry pan and of course a tablespoon of peanut butter. Then placed in oven for about 15 mins!
I had some yummy potato and carrot wedges too and salad. Does anyone else love frozen peas, or is that just me?
Now for a brekky that looked pretty similar (HUH?)
These were chocolate muesli balls with a side of rock melon and banana soft serve.
Super simple again- but super yummy!
Make some chocolate oats ( I used maybe a cup of muesli, with a sprinkle of oat bran) about 1 cup and a half of milk (oat) and a tablespoon of raw cacao and a sprinkle of cinnamon, then you let it bubble and thicken and then over thicken a bit so its sticky!
Get a spoon and plonk on a baking tray:
Bake at 180 degrees celsius for around 15 mins, then drizzle with coconut butter and peanut butter!
Banana soft serve- whack a banana in a food processor and whaz until smooth (may need to scrape sides)
YUM!
Oat balls:
Soft serve:
Together forever (I mean come on- banana and chocolate- best combo ever!)

You know it was a good brekky when all your left with is...
:D
Back to savoury now and you may remember just recently I created a post on how to make the best grilled veggie sandwich, well, I had that sandwich stuck on my brain, so I created another one.. but slightly different.
It was big and messy and DE-LI-CIOUS!
I used two rye flat breads as my sandwich bread and topped it with the lot...
There's hommus and spinach and salsa mixed with beans and grilled carrot, tomatoes, mushrooms, capsicum and eggplant, all pressed in a sandwich toaster:
Oh yeh!
Lunches were a hit this week, as you can see, and the other day I made an all time favourite!
Nachos!
Now, I won't go into details on how to make this, because I already have a recipe for nachos on this blog- check it out!
Lastly, I'll finish with today's breakfast, where I was craving carrot cake, but mainly the carrot part- not the cake :)
So I made a delicious mug of carrot cake oatmeal :)
With some peanut butter apple sandwiches on the side!
You simply steam some carrot until nice and mooshy (yes it is a word, even though it has a red squiggly line under it at the moment) add it to some oats- about this much:
Maybe 1/2 a cup plus some chia seeds and oat bran and add about 1 cup of milk, then let it thicken on medium head, stirring occasionally. I also added some coconut butter for extra flavour and a sprinkle of cinnamon over the top.
Pour into mug and admire my steamy shot!
 I have this person to thank for the steam tips.
Yummy, warm carrot cake in a mug.. I do like my mug!
With a delicious crisp, peanut-buttery apple sandwich:
And, as always, ending with a beloved spoon shot:
Boy, that was a long post- I hope you enjoyed and maybe picked up some inspiration along the way!
Have a great weekend everyone!
:D


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts, questions, queries... leave a reply!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...