Thursday 10 April 2014

Recently- In the delicious Breakfast front!

So, I've had some pretty yummy breakfasts of late... surprise! (I really think I should change this to a brekky blog!)
Any-who, I'll start of with my simple-pimple one...
This may be and look simple, but it tastes UH-MAZ-ING!
Uh, Steph... that's a mug of oats.
Yes, yes it is- A GLORIOUS MUG OF OATS! An out-of-this-world, gooey banana-bready cinnamony, chewy, nutty mug of oats!
I smiled as I ate this :)
I cooked up a batch of whipped banana oatmeal- using rolled oats and some muesli (with nuts and fruit) with a generous sprinkle of cinnamon, topped with my new mixed nut and seed spread- YUM!
And also some black grapes and soy milk.
Next!
Next up was truly yummy! I was craving some cookies! So....
I MADE COOKIES (wow, I am pretty genius- huh?)
Delicious muesli cookies!
I put some muesli, chia seeds, LSA mix and milk in a saucepan and placed on the stove (medium heat) stirring occasionally until really thick, I let cool for about 15 mins (didn't wanna burn the hands) and rolled into balls then flattened into cookies and baked in oven (180 degreese celsius for 10-15 mins until golden)
While they were baking I made a smoothie :) With frozen banana, mango and pineapple (TROPICAL!) It really was just 1 frozen banana, 1 handful of frozen mango chunks, about 5 pieces of frozen pineapple chunks with 3/4 cup of milk:
So I had my yummy warm cookies, drizzled with coconut butter:
My thick, icy, tropical smoothie:
You know the rest...
That was a good brekky!
And lastly... today's brekky, which featured a recent favourite:
A super thick green smoothie topped with chocolate granola!
 The green smoothie was 1 frozen banana, 1/2 frozen avocado, 2 small handfuls of mango, 2 big handfuls of spinach and 1/2 a cup of milk ( I used oat) all blended together until smooth.
The granola was muesli and wholegrain cheerios mixed with a splash of milk and then heated up with 1 tablespoon coconut butter mixed with 1/2 tablespoon raw cacoa powder. Then I spread it on a baking sheet and baked at 180 degrees celsius for 10 mins.
And topped my smoothie off with it:
Then it got less pretty:
But sooo delicious!
 And you know a breakfast is good when all your left with is this:
Have a good Friday and weekend! :D



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts, questions, queries... leave a reply!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...