Tuesday 8 April 2014

Mug Shots

Hello People!
2 more days of school left until Easter holidays and I am ready! Free time, complicated lunches, out-of-this-world breakfasts... the list goes on! For now, I thought I'd share with you a typical morning and also a recipe at the end. If you're good.
So I think this was Monday morning and it was cold! So of course the night before I prepared cold overnight oats. Oh, well, I went with it- I usually do!
So not much breakfast prep, (instead I focused on making my lunch- a grilled veggie panini) but when my stomach started speaking (and trust it was not saying nice things) I gave in and gave it some food!
Well, actually I ran and got my fluffy bed socks, shoes and then took it outside to photograph it!
Hmmm, something's missing... Oh that's right, the breakfast I was supposed to be photographing!
There it is!
So under all that banana, grapes and multi-grain cheerios, was my over night oats- I promise!
So then, I make the treacherous journey up to my pool yard, side step the dog, while trying not to drop my water bottle, camera and most importantly breakfast and go to my favourite spot to eat brekky- even in winter (the bed socks are gooood!)
Finally get some free hands:
And take a nice pic of brekky before it is devoured!
Generally I take a nice spoon shot for you- but overnight oats just look gloopy!
Then I make my way back down to the kitchen and get ready for school!
So there you have it.. oh wait I promised you a recipe, didn't I? Well you won't be disappointed!
How about a...
Banana bread muffin in a mug!
 With some grapes and soy milk on the side!
Ingredients:
20g wholemeal spelt flour
5g coconut flour (for the taste)
10g oatbran
15g rolled oats
1/2 tablespoon chia seeds
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 tablespoon LSA mix (optional)
1/2 banana mashed- 1/4 banana chopped, 1/4 sliced (for the top)
1/3 cup milk of choice (I used oat milk)
Toppings (optional)- I used coconut butter mixed with multi-grain cheerios and then drizzled on top of bananas

Method:
1.Combine dry ingredients in a bowl
2. Stir in mashed banana, chopped banana and milk ( I also added some nut butter at this stage)
3. Grease a mug and spoon mixture in
It should look like this:
4. Place in the microwave for 1 min, check with a skewer(it took me about 2:00- 2:30) if not ready after 1 min, keep cooking in 30 second bursts until not goopy!
5.Then, top with desired toppings (I would really recommend coconut butter- other toppings could be yogurt, jam, butter, chocolate, muesli etc.) and the leftover sliced banana.
6. Enjoy this deliciously warm, bananary, cinnamony comfort in a mug.
Don't forget to take pictures:
Spoon Shot!

So there you have it- My typical breakfast routine and a brekky recipe for you!
:D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts, questions, queries... leave a reply!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...