Monday 14 April 2014

From the bread up!

So I haven't been feeling too tip-top lately so for breakfast I took it easy with a nice cool green smoothie for my tummy and some muesli:
This was an extra super thicky greeny:
1 frozen banana
1/2 frozen avocado
1 handful frozen mango
2 big handfuls of spinach
1 tablespoon peanut butter
sprinkle of chia seeds
splash of milk- all thrown in a blender and wazzed up :)

For the muesli:
Open box and pour into bowl, add milk (or green thickie) if desired:)
Soothing, filling, nutritious, delicious!

Then lunch rolled round and my stomach was pretty happy, so I decided to spoil it for being such a well-behaved girl!
I made my ultimate grilled veggie sandwich... I'm sure you've seen it before, but I took pictures (mainly coz I was bored :) as step by step instructions for the most delicious sandwich!
Grilled veggie sandwich:
Firstly start with bread (I used wheat free spelt/rye bread)
Spread on the hommus baby!
Next add some greens (me love spinach!)
Top with a cooked veggie patty- I used a delicious curried chickpea veggie patty
And.. some salsa (as hot as you like :)
Next add some grilled eggplant ( I don't know why, but this tastes like the cheese to me!?!)
followed by some oven baked sweet potato:
Some lightly grilled tomatoes and mushrooms: (everything that is grilled- I used a griddle pan on high heat)
 Topped with char-grilled capsicum and some baked carrots
 Finished off with a slice of bread and then... duh! duh! DUH!
 Boy, that sandwich press looks hot and angry!
Sorry sandwich...
Nooooo!
( I had way too much fun making this sandwich...)
And voila!

Thank me later- you have a sandwich to devour first!

Ciao for now!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts, questions, queries... leave a reply!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...