Saturday 26 April 2014

Food Heaven

Could you excuse me for a minute.
Thanks, I was just trying to come back down to Earth after some floating around in food heaven! :)
It all started with a new find (it's probably been there for a while! But it's a new find for me) at the grocery store:
Linda McCartney's vegetarian (vegan friendly too!) sausages!
They went into a cheap white bread hot-dog bun...
You don't believe me do you?
Ok, they went into a GINORMOUS salad! Yum!
I think there was everything and anything I could find chucked into this bowl!
There was oven roasted potatoes, steamed carrot and beetroot, peas and corn, chopped capsicum, chopped avocado, drained and rinsed lentils, kale, spinach and 2 vegetarian sausages, crisped up and golden-i-fied in a fry pan with some olive oil! That's it. :)
Super tasty, and with the addition of these wonder sausages- it wasn't plain at all!
It was just huge :)
With lots of pretty colours:
And even though I am a HUGE veggie fan- this guy stole the show!
It tasted meaty- which was a little scary, I must admit- but not exactly like meat (confused?) it was really well seasoned and had AWESOME texture! YOU.MUST.TRY.THIS!

I wasn't out of food heaven yet though, breakfast brought me right on back!
I was flicking through different blog's recipe pages and came across Katie's recipe for voluminous oats. My tummy went 'Yes, please!' It looked totally delicious and just like Katie, I prefer my oats cold rather than hot too!
But, unfortunately it was already morning.
I never let small obstacles get in my way though!
I jumped out of bed and created my own version!
Ingredients:
1/2 cup of oats
1 tablespoon chia seeds
1 tablespoon LSA mix
1 teaspoon coconut butter (optional) and
1 very thinly sliced banana
1 cup (maybe more) milk of choice (I used oat)
Method:
1. Place everything in a saucepan . I let it sit and bubble for a few mins, then whisked away until the banana disappeared. It was still pretty runny (but still gloopy) but I poured it into a shallow bowl and placed in the fridge for about half an hour, stirring about every 10 mins.
VOILA!

Super creamy, super thick! Oh. My. Word :)
In the background you can see a batch of some home-made peanut butter granola!
Take a handful of muesli and some multi-grain cheerios (optional) and place in a bowl with a splash of milk and 1 teaspoon peanut butter (or any nut butter). Place in microwave for 20 seconds, rub into muesli, bake on baking tray in oven (180 degrees celsius) for 10 mins. Crumble with fingers, leave to cool slightly.
I then transferred my AWESOME oats to a pretty mug:
 Added a splash of soy milk:

And some delicious nutty granola:
Holey-Moley! Soooooo good!
Best mug of oats I've ever eaten in my life- and I've eaten a few!
I loved the textures. I loved the flavours. I loved the temperature. I LOVED this brekky! The oats were unbelievably creamy:
 Paired with delicious crunchy peanutty granola:
Food Heaven.
I hope you all have a fabulous week- maybe we will see each other in food heaven! It's a pretty good place!
:D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts, questions, queries... leave a reply!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...