Sunday 20 April 2014

And people think I'm missing out!

It always amuses me when I have to end up telling people that I don't eat dairy or added sugar and try to steer clear of gluten and am a vegetarian by choice (the others aren't a choice- they make my tummy angry!) and their response is always: 'what do you eat then?'
It's so tempting to have a rage at them and say there are heaps of things I can eat, it's not like I'm listing major food groups- just certain foods!
I guess that's one of the reasons why I started this blog, so when people ask me that, I can say ' check this out- I'm sure you'll see that I can eat quite a few things!'
It's even better when maybe a conversation about breakfast comes up with a group of people I'm talking with and they all say they have something like toast, or cereal and I'm like, well today, I had a lemon blueberry doughnuts with banana soft serve or a glazed breakfast pretzel. Always stops them right in their tracks!
It was today's brekky that reminded me of just how decadent and desert like my breakfasts are- but still manage to be super healthy, all natural sugars, vegan and delicious!
So... what did I have?
Cookies with a chocolate milkshake of course! ;)
These cookies are sooo good! I had a hard time not eating the entire uncooked batter straight from the bowl! Seriously! I dare you to take a bite and then not take anymore!
Ingredients:(cookies)
1/2 cup rolled oats
1/2 cup mixed fruit and nut muesli
optional- 3 brazil nuts, roughly chopped + one dried frig roughly chopped
1/2 tablespoon chia seeds
1/2 cup milk of choice ( I used oat milk)
1/2 tablespoon nut butter +1/2 tablespoon coconut butter (purely for the taste- you can use 1 tablespoon of nut or 1 tablespoon of coconut butter)

Method:
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius and line a tray with baking paper.
2. Place the oats, muesli, chia seeds, optional brazil nuts and figs in a bowl and stir to combine.
3. Stir in the milk, then place in the microwave for 30 seconds, stir again and place in again for another 20 until most of the milk is absorbed.
4. Place the nut butter and coconut butter in a small bowl and microwave for 15 seconds, or until melted, stir together, then add to oat mixture and rub in with your hands. Now have a taste, then with strain yourself!
5. Grab and handful and squish into balls, then flatten slightly onto baking tray (you should get about 5)
5. Place in the oven for 10-15 mins until crunchy on top and slightly golden, then transfer onto cooling rack.

While the cookies are cooking, you can make the chocolate milkshake!
Ingredients:
1 frozen banana
2 frozen milk cubes
sprinkle of chia seeds
1 tablespoon raw cacao
1 tablespoon chocolate protein powder
sprinkle of cinnamon
1/2-1 cup milk of choice ( I used oat- amount depends on the thickness you want)

Method:
1. Place in blender and whaz until smooth- then whaz some more so it's extra fluffy and smooth! pour into cup and place in freezer until ready to drink!
When the cookies are ready and have cooled slightly, transfer to a plate, lightly brush with milk (I used oat) and get your milkshake from freezer and enjoy!
The cookies were quite sweet actually! I think it was the addition of the figs, they were really good, and packed full of wholesome ingredients!
They're like little angels:
They even sparkle:
So, if you ever feel like you can't eat anything, because you've been placed on a restrictive diet- THINK AGAIN! Get creative- the world tells you; ' You can't!', tell the world; ' Watch me!'
Berry breakfast dessert pizza with Almond banana ice cream!
Oh yeh!- gluten free, soy free, dairy free, added sugar free, fruit filled, wholesome natural ingredients used and it still tastes out of this world delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts, questions, queries... leave a reply!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...