Sunday 2 March 2014

Mix and match



Carrot cake- yummmm, apple crumble- yummmmm! Breakfast time- 'What to choose'
This is usually how my morning begins with two conflicting ideas/ cravings and one simple answer that I always come up with...
'Why not both?'
Carrot cake/ apple crumble baked pancake:
Ingredients:
1/2 apple chopped
1/2 carrot grated
chia gel- 1 tablespoon chia seeds mixed with 2 tablespoons milk- sit 5 mins
35g wholemeal spelt flour
20g coconut flour
1 tablespoon oatbran
1 tablespoon rolled oats
1 teaspoon baking powder
3/4-1 cup milk (I used oat milk)
walnuts for apple crumble, cranberries for carrot cake
optional - LSA

Method:
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius, grease a medium round pie dish
2. Prepare apple and carrot:
3. Place the dry ingredients into a medium bowl (not walnuts or cranberries) and stir with a whisk to combine
4. Add in chia gel and milk and stir until you get a pancake consistency
5. Split into two bowls, place apple in one with the walnuts and carrot in the other with the cranberries- stir to combine
6. Spoon and flatten out into greased pie dish
pre-cooked:
7. Bake in oven for 15-20 mins ( I did 15 mins, but the middle was quite doughy... I loved it!)
post-cooked:
 8. If you choose to do 15 mins, like me, have fun getting it out and making it look pretty. Get a spatula and slide right around edges , hopefully for you it will slide out- if not cut into quarters and try and lift out:

I still think it's gorgeous!
9. Top with whatever you like, as you can see I used coconut butter and almond butter and then I added some grapes
10. Enjoy!
Close-up of apple one:
Close-up of carrot one:
Also if your middle is doughy, take advantage of this- roll it up and make delicious cakey-dough balls:
I hope you all have a fabulous day and enjoy breakfast- it is possible for healthy and deliciousnessly fabulous!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts, questions, queries... leave a reply!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...