Friday 28 March 2014

Groovy Smoothies!

I've been on a smoothie-lovin kick lately and I'm not gonna lie to you...
IT'S GREAT!
It all started last week, with this one.. remember?
Since then, I've been scouring blog recipe pages for fresh new ideas and came across this recipe- from Running With Spoons.
Mine wasn't as thick, but it sure tasted great ( I ommitted the coffee granules and used a large frozen banana, and oat milk...
So here's my take on this thick and creamy chocolate smoothie:
Yes, I enjoyed it in a mug... I sure do love my mugs!
... And then I did a typically Steph thing:
Topped it with peanut butter muesli :)
IT WAS DELICIOUS. MAKE. THIS NOW!
Onto my second smoothie-licious delight:
In my blender I created a super smooth creamy-dreamy strawberry smoothie:
It had:
1/2 avocado
1 frozen banana
3 frozen strawberries
3 un-frozen strawberries
1 tablespoon chia seeds
and about 1/4-1/2 cup oat milk

All blended together! Then:
... I put it in a jar and topped it with coconut muesli :)
Yes, my smoothie is placed precariously on the arm of a chair, but that's where all the light was!
see:
I still think it looks really pretty and the first bite was A-MAZ-ING:
But then, it didn't look so pretty:
But it still tasted A-MAZ-ING!
So onto today's breakfast.
Except, I'm not going to call it a smoothie. It was a breakfast soup! YUM!
Pumpkin Breakfast soup:

It was the last of my pumpkin (150g?) steamed for 20 mins, placed in a blender with 1 banana, 1 tablespoon chia seeds, 1/4 cup warmed milk, 1 teaspoon cinnamon and 1/2 teaspoon nut meg all blended well together until smooth!
Creamy dreamy breakfast pumpkin soup- what's missing though? CROUTONS!!!
Or in this case, peanut butter muesli, baked in the oven until golden:

And plopped on top!
Why the sudden need for a hot smoothie (breakfast soup!):
That dark and gloomy sky!
YAY BREAKFAST SOUP!!!
This is true comfort food if I ever did see it!
Or eat it!
Have a great Saturday everyone! Maybe even enjoy a delicious smoothie!
:D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts, questions, queries... leave a reply!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...