Friday 21 March 2014

Brekky!

I have noticed (as most of you probably have too) that I have a lot of breakfast recipes! More than anything else on this blog. It's not because I'm meal-ist or anything, it's just that... I LOVE BREAKFAST! And so should you!
Now, I'm a high school student, so every second girl you turn to, reveals she doesn't eat brekky. Ever! I can never relate to this, partly because I have low blood sugar and it's really dangerous for me to skip breakfast, but also it's dangerous not to feed this ravenous morning beast- she's hungry people! Been fasting all night!
So, that is my explanation for the vast number of breakfast recipes that appear on this blog. Is it really a bad thing, when you can make things like this any day of the week?
Vegan pretzels:

Breakfast Pizzerts:
Fudgy stuffed cookies:

 Chocolate/berry waffles:
Glazed pumpkin doughnuts:
And.. oatmeal bowls to fill with love:
All of these recipes are vegan, dairy free, gluten free, sugar free, wheat free, full of good fats, nutrients, whole grains, fiber, at least 1 serving of fruits/veggies (usually many more) and are totally guilt free- but you'd never guess it because they taste so delicious! So I guess that's my third reason for eating breakfast, I can wake up and make any of those for my first (and most important) meal of the day!
Speaking of oatmeal bowls and breakfast pizzas, I decided to combine them...
Oatmeal pizza!

Ingredients:
1/2 small green apple
1 banana
45g rolled oats
10g oat bran
small handul of chopped walnuts
approx- 1 cup milk ( I used oat milk)
optional- chia seeds, LSA mix
Any toppings you like- I used peanut butter as sauce and the rest of my banana and some green grapes

Method:
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius, line a baking tray with baking paper
2. chop apple:

3. Cut banana in half:
4.Put dry ingredients in saucepan:
5. Place milk in saucepan, add thinly sliced 1/2 banana and stir to combine, place on medium heat and leave to thicken for 2 mins.
6. Once thickening and bubbling, stir vigorously until quite thick and sticky, spread onto baking paper:
7. Bake in oven for 10 mins
8. Take out, place toppings on, back into oven for a few mins ( I baked mine until the banana was gooey- 5mins) Pre-baked:
9. Enjoy!
Close-up:
My advice:
Not only should you eat breakfast- you should enjoy it, go to bed excited about the next day, because you're going to have something out-of-this-world delicious!
Yay for brekky!
See you later! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts, questions, queries... leave a reply!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...