Saturday 18 January 2014

Stuffed!



Yesterday, I decided I was in a 'Lets find every veggie in the house and stuff it!' kind of mood.
Which is always a fun mood to be in :)
So for lunch I decided to stuff a capsicum:
Steph's veggiefilled cous cous stuffed cheezy capsicum:
Ingredients:
1 medium sized capsicum
100 g mixed root veggies, chopped (I used parsnip, suede, pumpkin and beetroot)
125g can mixed four beans
Handful of spinach
1/4 cup cous cous (1/4 cup water to cook in)
cheese topping:
1-2 tablespoons hommus +1-2 tablespoons nutritional yeast+ water to thin

Method:
1. Preheat oven  to 180 degrees celsius
2. Steam/ boil root veggies for about 15 mins
3. Place capsicum on a baking tray and bake for around 15 mins (same as root veggies):
4. Place cous cous in a bowl, cover with 1/4 cup boiling water and place a plate on top. Leave for 5 mins then fluff with fork.
5. Once the root veggies and capsicum have had their 15 mins take out, leave capsicum aside
6. Make vegan cheese- stir hommus and nutritional yeast together with about a tablespoon of water
7. Put every other ingredient in a bowl and stir to combine, you can add some of the cheese (or any other sauce) to the mix now and stuff as much as you can into the capsicum (overflowing is fine:)
8. Drizzle over cheese and bake in the oven for 20-25 mins

So as I was waiting for my capsicum to cook, I wanted to stuff something else...
Hello little tomatoes:)
So I quickly sauteed 1 tablespoon of lentils+ 1/2 tablespoon pine nuts+ 1 teaspoon garlic + around 10 mushrooms, in a small frypan until golden and fragrant.
Precooking: 
Then I quickly whazzed everything up in a small food processor with some more nutritional yeast:
And stuffed my little tomatoes. Baking them in the oven for the capsicums final 10 mins.
Behold... my stuffed lunch:
Hang on, this looks much more impressive:
:)
For dinner, I did another stuffing. But this was one of those meals that looks totally ugly, but tasted out of this world- so don't get too grossed out:
That was a small oven roasted sweet potato (about 1 hour in a 180 degrees celsius oven) topped with falafel, chilli tofu, peas, broccoli, broad beans all mixed together with some salsa... yum :)

I stuffed something else for breakfast this morning, but your going to have to wait until tomorrow for that surprise!

What other veggies do you love to stuff?
I like stuffing halved avocados with guacamole, and scooping out the inside of halved watermelons, freezing it and creating a slushy to put back in the watermelon boat. I first got the idea for that here.


Have a great day! :)








No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts, questions, queries... leave a reply!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...