Wednesday 22 January 2014

Easy Peasy Lemon Squeasy



I used to say that all the time... what does it mean though- lemon squeasy? I mean I get that it had to rhyme and all, but why couldn't it be elephant squeasy? I'm just saying, anyway this post is about mainly lunches or dinners you can make that require no brain power whatsoever.

Yes, even I, have one of those days!

But I don't want to reach into the freezer and pull out a pie or heat up a 2 minute rice dish- I still have values! I still want fresh, healthy and delicious! Just not the long thought process that can go with some of my recipes.

Here are some suggestions, but don't worry there will be a recipe at the end!

One of my favourites. Full of veggies wrap:
 Super simple- roast/ steam/ boil root veggies until really soft, mash, stir in steamed greens (broccoli, brussel sprouts, beans, peas, broad beans etc), optional- stir in a chopped up veggie burger. Place on wrap, wrap it up and toast it in a sandwich press. Too easy + delicious! :)
Next Up is another delicious veggie-filled meal. I call it my colourful bowl of yummies:
The bottom layer is just spinach, then there are peas and broad beans, next is steamed pumpkin, carrot, beetroot, parsnip, swede and sweet potato, topped off with lentils and a sun-dried tomato veggie sausage. Very filling indeed!

If I thought this was my colourful bowl of yummies- I was wrong:


This is a bunch of random veggies I through in the fry pan with some garlic and rice- really you can add whatever you like!
There were mixed beans, green beans, peas, corn, carrot, purple cabbage, tomato, broccoli, brussel sprouts, capsicum, mushroom, broad beans and spinach added at the end!

Thsi has got to be one of the best fork fulls of food I have ever had!
I love rainbows!
Last, but not least- yesterdays lunch, which was very filling indeed.
Steph's oven grilled brushetta:
I simply roasted some tomatoes and capsicum in the oven for about 25 minutes, sauteed some mushrooms, garlic and spinach together, added it to my chopped tomatoes and capsicum with some mixed beans and lentils, stirred, placed on a 100% rye flatbread (lightly spread with more garlic- like garlic bread!) and drizzled over with some basil pesto. I then baked in the oven for around 15 minutes. YUM!

So there are your easy lunches- but now be jealous because yesterday for brekky I had bright pink barley 'oatmeal': 
Tea time!
Here's what I did. I cooked up a batch of barley (you can see how here) drained the water, added some milk (1/2 cup to 1 cup, it depends how thick you want it) and thinly sliced banana, handful of berries and let it sit and thicken.
When it started to thicken I whisked and whisked until quite thick and added some chopped walnuts. (omeg-3's people!)
Then I made it look pretty with some of the banana I didn't use and some blueberries:
No I did not forget the nut butter- it's just hiding under all the fruit, getting warm and gooey!
Close-up time!
Admire the pinkness!
Also because I am a real life person, my breakfast didn't stay looking like this for long- I wanted every spoonful to have a bit of everything, so...
Perfect! I think I like this picture the best :D

I hope you have a brilliant day!









No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts, questions, queries... leave a reply!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...