Sunday 12 January 2014

A very YUMMY day!




So... today started off grey and just on the brink of raining- so of course I was craving something cold for breakfast :)
Mmmm, banana mango ice cream smoothie! I swear, no one would think this is dairy free- IT IS SO CREAMY!
I think my recipe changes every time I make it, but here is the jist:
1 frozen banana
1 large frozen mango (or 2 smaller ones like I did this morning)
1-2 cups of milk (this really depends on what you want the consistency to be like, see I like mine where you need a spoon to eat it with- see the spoon in the background- so I put less milk in)
Optional- Chia seeds for added Omega-3's, and filling power
Waz all that up in a blender until smooth- enjoy and then drop by and thank me! hehe. So simple, but so much like ice cream :) Pretty good start to the morning I'd say!

Then lunch rolled round...

Meet my friend burger- he didn't last too long! Neither did those sweet potato fries :)
Everything in that image was made by me- nothing processed.. if you were wondering it was also vegan. It was also quite big:
So I had to make some adjustments in order to get my mouth around it! :) (who needs a top anyway. It's way too mainstream)
The bun is based on this recipe, but I halved the quantities, didn't add any agave syrup and needed to add more flour: (pre-cooked)

Unfortunately I didn't write down my recipe for the veggie burger, I usually tend not to as every time I make it, it is completely different, the list of stuff you can add to veggie patties is endless, so I hand the creativity over to you. Mine had beans, lentils, parsley, chilli, sundried tomatoes, hommus and salsa- your turn!

My burger had the lot; patty, vegies, bun, cheese... hang on a sec- CHEESE? Yep, well my kind of cheese.
Vegan Cheese:
1 tablespoon hommus
1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
1/2-1 tablespoon of water, to thin
Method:
Mix it all together and there you have it!

Method to put on burger:
Place cooked patty on bun then drizzle over cheese, bake in oven (180 degrees celsius) for a few minutes (or microwave for about 30 sec) until the vegan cheese actually looks like melted cheese:
 If you do make this and can get your mouth around the burger, send me a picture... please!
Happy Burger Monday everyone! (Yes I did just make that up!)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts, questions, queries... leave a reply!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...